Indian DIY subwoofer build

Here is Albin from Chalakudy Kerala, he has measurement rigs like DATS and UMIK and makes good sounding boxes with a very good finish
I have tried to contact him on WhatsApp to know about his measurement jigs, but he doesn't respond yet. May be he is busy...

I have been following this guy for a long time. He started audio setups for cars, tractors, buses, then entered to multichannel with music then applied the same to movies. “He is a great business man” he says proudly that he will only design and delivery on order. He now started his own amps, and he builds speakers starting from magnets and coils. He has developed skills off course by adding damping material into the speaker cabinets and using known AVRs like marantz which will be helpful to cover up all the other issues to some extent. He started building dedicated home theatre rooms, really I have to admit and feel sorry for the people who are paying money for this. And they seem to like it that way, loud sound, overloaded bass.
I really appreciate his knowledge of making amps and matching speakers using standard and proven designs that will not go wrong. He is young and with right skillset and with already acquired knowledge he can done much better. I also appreciate him for making this experience possible to the very remote places.
Have you heard his setup? Don't get offended but I think It is better to comment on the quality of the product only if you have listened to it. Maybe it is good, we don't know unless we listened to it....

Have you heard his setup? Don't get offended but I think It is better to comment on the quality of the product only if you have listened to it. Maybe it is good, we don't know unless we listened to it....
Sorry I didn’t listen, I’m not offended but just applying few basic to basics in a room setup will show how knowledgeable and it’s expected output. Believe me I have see most of his videos. We discuss GB’s of lines here about who crappy speakers can sound if not placed properly even they are designed top notch and cost a load. How the subs placement should be, placing right and left is off course not a setup that gives great output. If you would have seen his videos you will understand many things like these and what types of sound it can produce. He places speakers to a concrete wall and covers it with fabric. Anyone can assume how it sounds for sure. I still give him credits for what he is contributing and the knowledge he acquired. It is all about taste development and preferences. In fact I tried contacting him to know about amplifiers but no success. Even I’m agreeing that most of the time it all sounds ok for a normal listener, I was told many times in auditions that people like boomy rooms because they think that is sound.

Back