Indian Film Music worth playing in HiFi systems

I thought it will be a great thread to have a list of Indian Film/Pop music which is worth to be played in a decent HiFi systems.

Since lately I have found many tracks in less known album to present great feel compared to many famous once.

Let me had two of those which I found good.

Apna Asmaan - Chand Re (Good for: Vocal clarity, Music)
Mirzya - Aave Re Hitchki (Good for : Vocal clarity , Separation, Music)
Mirzya - ek nadi thi (Good for : Superb Sound stage, great Vocal)

Wanted to kick start this one. Will add more soon. Let me know is this thread adds value.

I am not sure if I understood what you are trying to look at but I would think every indian film ( or any other) music is playable and enjoyable on a decent Hifi System...at least that is the intent of why I would want to have a good Hifi system in the first place.

Are you by any chance looking at tracks which can help evaluate a system using various parameters ?

I am not sure if I understood what you are trying to look at but I would think every indian film ( or any other) music is playable and enjoyable on a decent Hifi System...at least that is the intent of why I would want to have a good Hifi system in the first place.

Are you by any chance looking at tracks which can help evaluate a system using various parameters ?
Intent is to help folks to share certain tracks which we may find extra ordinary while playing in a HiFi setup compared to average system.

Just to generate awareness of certain tracks which some might have never heard or even ignored.

Intent is to help folks to share certain tracks which we may find extra ordinary while playing in a HiFi setup compared to average system.

Just to generate awareness of certain tracks which some might have never heard or even ignored.
Cool

I have always liked to hear music which I have grown up to typically Rafi, Asha and Jagajit Singh. eg Music from Ghar etc and see if it evovek the same emotional feeling. Also love "Khamosh Raat" from Thakshak.

some which I can recollect top of my mind are:

Flute Theme from Bombay - musicality, separation , everything else
Black Friday sound track- Great recording, Beautiful Raw vocals, dynamics- Micro and Macro....
Any of Arijits Singhs vocals- Tone , Resolution, Separation

Yes even I too mistook it for bit of sarcastic criticism on our recording quality, He probably means audiophile quality recordings ; off late majority of records are well mastered & of good quality.

Try 'Sharaabi' on Tidal, its decent enough.
Almost all Recent Albums of 'Vishal Bharadwaj', 'AR Rahman', 'Pritam' & 'Amit Trivedi' are definitely worth listening on hifi systems. "Bally Sagoo" remixes are well recorded. Most of the 'Fusion Albums' are well recorded.
A Bengali Rock Band 'Fossils' Albums are quite good!

One of the Gems is this one...
Recording of Vocals, Separations, Bass and HF almost everything is Top Notch!

https://tidal.com/track/72955976..
Here's a Youtube link
Hare Rama

These are beautifully recorded Tracks,

I found this track is to be best to highlight a Speakers Sound Signature. When I do AB testing, the changes
are instantly apparent. There are other tracks that are good at showing specific characteristics but his one is good
to highlight everything.

Gulzar in Conversation with Tagore - (Good for: Vocal clarity, Music)

Shreya Rocks in this....

This is another Gem, I have few of the songs in this album in FLAC.

Let me know if any one of you have this CD or can share a wav/flac

1603355319990.png

This is one of the best recorded albums of ilayaraja's symphonies. I can't pick one track from this...

Beautiful Soundstages in most of the track.. Must have album.

Looking forward to see many more from you guys.. Agreed that this one is not from any film, but worth to mention.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back