Indiq Signature Mishra V2 - Ownership Experience

az9012

I was in for upgrading my Mission QX2 speakers after using them for 1.5y. As it happens, I would be in Bangalore for around 2 weeks so I thought to make the best out of that time by auditioning all the stuff I possibly could, and so I did. Klipsch, JBL, Dynaudio, Acoustic Portrait, Focal, KEF, Devore, Harbeth, Triangle, Dali, B&W, Indiq Audio, Polk. Even the 3cr Focal Grande Utopia. I decided i really preferred the engaging and energetic sound over the laid back and polite kind. It was down to Focal, KEF, Klipsch or Indiq for me. But as much as I'd loved the Aria 948, RP6000F II, RP8000F II and the Kef R5, they were out of my budget and not my preferred format for my room: stand mounts. And also, they'd be hard loads for my tube power amp. So, out with them.
The demo room of Indiq represented a real-life room with no treatments and suboptimal placement and it was done on purpose to hear the speakers in their "worst". While it may sound counterintuitive it really does make sense. Heard the Diamond Achals, Signature Mishra V1 and V2. For me, V2 was the one to get. While I loved the RP600M II and SMV2 both in the demos, choosing between them was quite difficult as in the end, while demos are way better than blind purchases, they still tell nothing unless placed in your own room with your own electronics. In the end I went for the SMV2 because I feared the RP600M II would become too overwhelming for long term use and they're not what I would call, tonally correct. The SMV2 even in suboptimal placement left me floored with its performance.

What follows is the performance in MY room, with MY electronics, and judged as an entire system [my room is more or less treated with room decor items and speakers are placed optimally]. My chain: Foobar WASAPI (shared) -> SMSL SU8 V2 -> Anode Acoustics 6SN7 Tube Preamp -> Anode Acoustics EL84 Tube Poweramp (12Wpc, Class A PP) -> Indiq Signature Mishra V2.
I've now owned them for around 1 month and clocked in many hours of listening. Not only does it sound leaps and bounds ahead than what I'd heard in the demo, it sounds even better than the big boys (based on what I'd heard in the demos). And the construction/finishing on these speakers are no lesser than the foreign brands either. Even after inspecting closely I could find no deformity, abnormality in the construction. It's robust and beautiful with very good build quality. Coming to sound, I'm getting just as much as resolution as the Focals and KEFs while being more transparent and tonally correct/even. And dynamics almost on par with the Klipsch-kind. It's as if the speaker borrowed all the good qualities of the 3 while rejecting their pitfalls. And this is such an easy load to drive as I'd opted for the 8ohm variant (dips at 5.7 minimum) with 92dB/W sensitivity. My 12W EL84 power amp paired with these can easily reach deafeningly loud levels with absolutely no strain or compression in the sound. The drive, punch, elasticity and dynamics can be overwhelming to some, it is sometimes a bit overwhelming even to myself when playing at loud volumes. The speaker is a tube amp owner's dream. The sound is definitely not warm, it keeps you awake and at the edge of your seat without ever sounding slow and dull. It's hyper detailed but without the fatigue. It sounds at least as detailed as the most detailed and resolving headphones and iems I've heard till date (and I have heard some of them even in the kilobuck+ range), while maintaining a better tone. While I haven't judged my electronics in isolation (it's not possible to do so either), I still think that the speakers heavily reflect the sound of the upstream chain, so I would suggest building a worthy chain for this if one is looking to get these speakers.

On an ending note, I'd like to comment on what it was like to deal with Amit. He's the kind of man I can trust because he is logical, and his conclusions and comments on anything audio is purely scientific. I personally prefer dealing with engineers over dealers who throw flowery audiophile BS left and right and would even try to sell you their underwear if possible. And more importantly, while I am sure he would love to sell you some speakers, he is truly far more than just a businessman. He is a friend, and conversations extend far beyond just audio and/or purchases. From helping me choose custom laminate, answering all questions, it was a breeze, and I can safely rely on Indiq because of their customer-first business model.

Attachments

• IMG-20230611-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20230611-WA0019.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 214
  • LMFRsNsy7J8ff03JutL7Cx9eKk0P94cI1ZvP8u1miYo=_plaintext_638220192469707177.jpg
    LMFRsNsy7J8ff03JutL7Cx9eKk0P94cI1ZvP8u1miYo=_plaintext_638220192469707177.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 219
  • TF3z1hfqZT4eK77t0rjd4m3cEB2oUyCSjxqp2k86X0M=_plaintext_638220192462117841.jpg
    TF3z1hfqZT4eK77t0rjd4m3cEB2oUyCSjxqp2k86X0M=_plaintext_638220192462117841.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG-20230611-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20230611-WA0018.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 216
Congratulations on attaining Audio Nirvana. Nice Review.
I liked the choice Vinere on cabinet. Looks cool.

I was in for upgrading my Mission QX2 speakers after using them for 1.5y. As it happens, I would be in Bangalore for around 2 weeks so I thought to make the best out of that time by auditioning all the stuff I possibly could, and so I did. Klipsch, JBL, Dynaudio, Acoustic Portrait, Focal, KEF, Devore, Harbeth, Triangle, Dali, B&W, Indiq Audio, Polk. Even the 3cr Focal Grande Utopia. I decided i really preferred the engaging and energetic sound over the laid back and polite kind. It was down to Focal, KEF, Klipsch or Indiq for me. But as much as I'd loved the Aria 948, RP6000F II, RP8000F II and the Kef R5, they were out of my budget and not my preferred format for my room: stand mounts. And also, they'd be hard loads for my tube power amp. So, out with them.
The demo room of Indiq represented a real-life room with no treatments and suboptimal placement and it was done on purpose to hear the speakers in their "worst". While it may sound counterintuitive it really does make sense. Heard the Diamond Achals, Signature Mishra V1 and V2. For me, V2 was the one to get. While I loved the RP600M II and SMV2 both in the demos, choosing between them was quite difficult as in the end, while demos are way better than blind purchases, they still tell nothing unless placed in your own room with your own electronics. In the end I went for the SMV2 because I feared the RP600M II would become too overwhelming for long term use and they're not what I would call, tonally correct. The SMV2 even in suboptimal placement left me floored with its performance.

What follows is the performance in MY room, with MY electronics, and judged as an entire system [my room is more or less treated with room decor items and speakers are placed optimally]. My chain: Foobar WASAPI (shared) -> SMSL SU8 V2 -> Anode Acoustics 6SN7 Tube Preamp -> Anode Acoustics EL84 Tube Poweramp (12Wpc, Class A PP) -> Indiq Signature Mishra V2.
I've now owned them for around 1 month and clocked in many hours of listening. Not only does it sound leaps and bounds ahead than what I'd heard in the demo, it sounds even better than the big boys (based on what I'd heard in the demos). And the construction/finishing on these speakers are no lesser than the foreign brands either. Even after inspecting closely I could find no deformity, abnormality in the construction. It's robust and beautiful with very good build quality. Coming to sound, I'm getting just as much as resolution as the Focals and KEFs while being more transparent and tonally correct/even. And dynamics almost on par with the Klipsch-kind. It's as if the speaker borrowed all the good qualities of the 3 while rejecting their pitfalls. And this is such an easy load to drive as I'd opted for the 8ohm variant (dips at 5.7 minimum) with 92dB/W sensitivity. My 12W EL84 power amp paired with these can easily reach deafeningly loud levels with absolutely no strain or compression in the sound. The drive, punch, elasticity and dynamics can be overwhelming to some, it is sometimes a bit overwhelming even to myself when playing at loud volumes. The speaker is a tube amp owner's dream. The sound is definitely not warm, it keeps you awake and at the edge of your seat without ever sounding slow and dull. It's hyper detailed but without the fatigue. It sounds at least as detailed as the most detailed and resolving headphones and iems I've heard till date (and I have heard some of them even in the kilobuck+ range), while maintaining a better tone. While I haven't judged my electronics in isolation (it's not possible to do so either), I still think that the speakers heavily reflect the sound of the upstream chain, so I would suggest building a worthy chain for this if one is looking to get these speakers.

On an ending note, I'd like to comment on what it was like to deal with Amit. He's the kind of man I can trust because he is logical, and his conclusions and comments on anything audio is purely scientific. I personally prefer dealing with engineers over dealers who throw flowery audiophile BS left and right and would even try to sell you their underwear if possible. And more importantly, while I am sure he would love to sell you some speakers, he is truly far more than just a businessman. He is a friend, and conversations extend far beyond just audio and/or purchases. From helping me choose custom laminate, answering all questions, it was a breeze, and I can safely rely on Indiq because of their customer-first business model.
What a Fantastic Finished product...and what a overwhelming review... congratulations to both the User and the Maker .

What a write-up... Welcome to Signature Mishra 2.0 gang

Thank you for the wonderful write up. Reflects my own experience meeting Amit and demoing the Indiq Mishra 2 bookshelf today afternoon. Amit was kind enough to sit with me and take song requests one after the other. Thanks Amit.

Coming to the Signature Mishra V2- wonderful speakers. Can listen to them all day with almost all kinds of music. I found them just the right bit warm for my listening tastes. And I listen to almost everything except hip hop, death metal. Highs are clear and pronounced without being shrill. Soundstage revealed itself very well in hi-res version of "Hotel California". The Guitars, percussion and voices emanated from a decently wide soundstage. Though I was not able to make out much depth. Maybe a little longer listening session is required to experience that. MJs "Billi Jean" was superlative, complicated parts of the tune were handled deftly. I found the the voices and instruments in the mids very silky. A/B-d between Mishra and Achal floorstanders with "Rang Saari". Achal was more rounded in the low end and hit deep- an effect of its full range 3 way design probably. But the Mishras were better everywhere else. I could immediately tell the Mishra was more open sounding.

Bass was tuneful and tight and didn't sound muddy at all. Not chest thumping bass ofcourse since it is a bookshelf but still performed admirably till maybe about 50-60hz region. I don't think my application would need an additional sub to begin with. There was some boomy bass in certain songs which I highlighted to Amit which he acknowledged and attributed to the untreated listening environment. Though The Achal didn't show much of the same boominess. Overall I am convinced the speakers possess the ability to sound much better in a moderately treated room and better sources.

All in all very nice experience, meeting Amit and the Mishras. But this is just half the story. The part that I only realised at the end of the listening session was the speakers were being driven by the Signature Saptak- Class A amp all along. And a major reason for such a smooth, balanced sound across the board. I was drooling over the amplifier and wanted to take it home if I could but then I asked the price.

I am not an audiophile, nether do I own any kind of setups. My experience is mostly from listening and admiring other people's hi-fi systems. And I went to IndiqAudio for a demo to start building my own. The pricing as well as the promise of after sales, upgrade programs with their range of class products is pulling at my heart strings.

Excellent review. I can completely relate to your experience because I've been using their Achals + Class AB saptak in one room and Mishra 2.0 + Class A saptak in another. Both the combos are different and excel in their own departments when compared to the competition. Let me PM you with some details to help you in your audio journey

Hello @az9012 , your feedback has inspired me to go for another audition, this time keeping Signature Mishra's in mind. During my previous audition, I was primarily focused on towers and didn't give enough attention to Mishra's. Now, I'm considering BS + Sub. Their Signature line-up carries exceptional musicality. Based on your experience, do you think Mishra's would also complement other tube amps like Lyrita or Acoustic Portrait? Additionally, could you share the approximate cost of your tube preamp + tube amp setup? Did you find that lower-wattage tube amps limited the performance of Mishra's? I'm currently inclining towards solid-state class A for the sake of convenience, as tubes come with their own set of challenges. However, it's clear that a Class A + Mishra's combination is fantastic.

Hello @az9012 , your feedback has inspired me to go for another audition, this time keeping Signature Mishra's in mind. During my previous audition, I was primarily focused on towers and didn't give enough attention to Mishra's. Now, I'm considering BS + Sub. Their Signature line-up carries exceptional musicality. Based on your experience, do you think Mishra's would also complement other tube amps like Lyrita or Acoustic Portrait? Additionally, could you share the approximate cost of your tube preamp + tube amp setup? Did you find that lower-wattage tube amps limited the performance of Mishra's? I'm currently inclining towards solid-state class A for the sake of convenience, as tubes come with their own set of challenges. However, it's clear that a Class A + Mishra's combination is fantastic.
I haven't heard Lyrita but I have heard AP products. And to my ears they are warm and smooth. From what I gather the SMV2's are quite uncolored so they should reflect the final tone of the upstream components. But yes, these are very tube amp friendly, and no, low powered tube amps like mine do not hinder the performance one bit, but bear in mind that SET amps may be too low powered for it. But Amit himself had tried the SMV2 with Anode Acoustics PCL82 2.3W SET integrated amp with excellent results. I can't speak for other SET amps though. Any PP amp with some decent power output should work very well. Of course one must get the 8ohm version. I was blasting death metal at very loud volumes and there was no flinching or compression in the sound.
My preamp with all the selected modifications costed me 65k. In base form it costs 50k. The EL84 power amp costed me 85k. I personally don't think living with tubes have to be very comprising, specially if you have only a tube preamp. If you have a tube power amp then the two challenges are heat and speaker compatibility. Both can be solved easily. I guess tube lovers settle with the challenges because in the end, tube goodness (from a good amp, preamp) is irreplaceable :D

I haven't heard Lyrita but I have heard AP products. And to my ears they are warm and smooth. From what I gather the SMV2's are quite uncolored so they should reflect the final tone of the upstream components. But yes, these are very tube amp friendly, and no, low powered tube amps like mine do not hinder the performance one bit, but bear in mind that SET amps may be too low powered for it. But Amit himself had tried the SMV2 with Anode Acoustics PCL82 2.3W SET integrated amp with excellent results. I can't speak for other SET amps though. Any PP amp with some decent power output should work very well. Of course one must get the 8ohm version. I was blasting death metal at very loud volumes and there was no flinching or compression in the sound.
My preamp with all the selected modifications costed me 65k. In base form it costs 50k. The EL84 power amp costed me 85k. I personally don't think living with tubes have to be very comprising, specially if you have only a tube preamp. If you have a tube power amp then the two challenges are heat and speaker compatibility. Both can be solved easily. I guess tube lovers settle with the challenges because in the end, tube goodness (from a good amp, preamp) is irreplaceable :D
Thankyou @az9012 for such a detailed response. So signature Mishra is now a constant for me. Let me explore tube amp options in Bangalore otherwise class A Saptak is anyways there

Nicely written. Being user of Diamond Mishras(The tallboy Bookshelf) for the last 2 and half year, I know what it means.

The speakers are very musical, placement friendly, you need not search for sweet spot to sit, and above all, the vocals are surprisingly clear, not colored and you fall in love with every voice you listen on these speakers. I have listened many high-end and valued speakers costing Lakhs of bucks in hifi shows, but rarely come across such a beautiful and clear presentation of vocals. You won't believe, unless you listen to these sweetees.

BTW, amit is very nice gentlemen and don't try to push things, unless he is confident about meeting your requirements and budget.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back