Info needed on cleaning pots and switches

Anil kumar

:confused: Hi, i would like to get the information on the solution used to clean volume pots and switches in India, any technician in the forum? So far no luck on DEOXIT, cannot be imported as it has import restrictions. What is the substitute to DEOXIT in India? any information will be appreciated.

Regards, Anil

Anil,
If you are in Bangalore come on over, will use De-oxit and pro-gold on your system. We import these our personal use as well as for sale to our hi-end customers.
Rgds

Prithvi

Thanks a ton Prithvi, yah..i am from Bangalore. I shall drop in this weekend.
Do you fix broken vintage amps? or do you know anybody in town?

Regards, Anil

Anil,
If you are in Bangalore come on over, will use De-oxit and pro-gold on your system. We import these our personal use as well as for sale to our hi-end customers.
Rgds

Prithvi

Just ordered it today. Will see what happens in 2 weeks .
Earlier I had bought other stuff from GrabMore. Was delivered but took longer than they claimed and came shoddily packed ! Still wonder if the items were partly used. Though they looked OK. One was just thrown into a cardboard box while the other appeared to be in it's original packing.
Slightly wary about them !

For DEOXIT, tried calling AbsolutePhase, but they aren't picking the call. Will try my luck going to SP road(bangalore) to hunt for the contact cleaner.

Considering that Grabmore is only charging a bit more than the American price ( $25/-) , it might be worth waiting to see if they do deliver. However it's a good idea to check SP road. Only the hardware shops would carry it. There is a good chance they might have it. I didn't think about this possibility .Bangalore caters to a lot of defense R&D departments !

Try Mr. Murthy's shop at commercial st. He understands the need for such items and is likely to stock it.

G0bble

Philips India makes a Switch Cleaning Oil.

Some seasoned technicians swear that switches and pots should ONLY be cleaned by Iso Propyl Alcohol. Any grease will only pick up dust.

yrematas.jpg

Finally picked up from murthy's shop at commercial street. They do not have deoxit.

S.p road and also absolute phase did not have them.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back