Info on Screen Brands (Liberty and Braun)

John

Hi folks,

Have any one of you used Liberty brand screens? Or Braun-Phototechnik?

I have recently got a Braun-Phototechnik 6' x 4' (85" diagonal) screen. It is made in Germany. My projector is yet to arrive. The screen looks very good, but I am no expert.

The other option for me is to for for a 100" Liberty screen (7' x 5'). While my current room is small, maximum seating distance 10' (some people will be seated closer when there are more people watching a movie), I feel the 6' x 4' may be appropriate, but will I be able to fix a larger (100" diagonal) screen and enjoy it? Or will it result in too much fatigue?

Also, any opinions on these brands? The screens I am going for are the drop down Instalock ones.

Last edited:
Hi John,
How much are you paying for these?
There is another brand grandview being offered to me at 7k for 7'x5'. Any comments/ recommendations for that?

regards

Hi anm,

I am being offered the Braun 6' x 4' for 5200/-. This screen is already here and I have the option of returning it.

The Liberty 7 ' x 5' for also same price point.

No idea regarding Grandview..,but a little reading over the Internet seems quite positive.

What is your viewing distance, both max. and min.?

Viewing dist = 10-12 ft
projector - ceiling mount 15ft behind front wall.
Screen size I think most suitable - 5x7. Though the vendor was suggesting 6x8 - but I don't want to end up with a huge washed out image. I should be able to watch something during day time as well with curtains drawn. Big is not always better :)

regards

Hi anm,

I am being offered the Braun 6' x 4' for 5200/-. This screen is already here and I have the option of returning it.

The Liberty 7 ' x 5' for also same price point.

No idea regarding Grandview..,but a little reading over the Internet seems quite positive.

What is your viewing distance, both max. and min.?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back