Info required on pricing for installing 5.1 HT

aneelr

HI Friends,

I just got my DENON AVR 2310 and MISSION MV8 HT pacakge, and I just need to know that what are the nominal charges quoted by any dealer to come home setup the HT for us. My dealer is charging 2k only for instalation, cabels not included.

But when I saw the Denon's User Manual, their setup instruction were quite simple.....or is there any kind of Rocket Science behind this.

Anybody else there in B'lore, who charge less than 2K for installation.....cause I felt it would be better to get it done by a pro rather than a non-pro(i.e ME) doing it.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Study it - twek it and DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!

Do not assume that rs 2 k changing dealer and his person is knowledgeble!

In fact one of our member -very senior one - who spent close to 20 L on HT and got professional installation - HIS SYSTEM WAS PERMANENTLY SET ON DOLBY PRO LOGIC MODE -IMHO THE WORST SOUND ENCODING!

Post my visit and when I visited his place and demoed DTS- DD material on WDTV he was thrilled - and then we found true potential of his system and sub!

Funniest part that his theater was visited by many experts - and reviewed by "experts" by magzines -one of it is india's first AV magzine - and Expert s who listen to different systems did no realize the setting anamoly! In fact the magzine expert helped him to reset the system!!!

So much so - if you are ready to do it by yourself I have some tips ! Pls lemme know.Unfortunatly u r in Blore or else I would love to drop in!

Just 1 suggestion - Denon is bit complicated to set up - but do not lose heart!It is not as difficult as performing a self bypass surgery by the help of chainsae and drill!( very bad joke!) Read the manual first..

Do write back..

I had no trouble setting up my first HT setup. Denon 1909 with Wharfedales 9.6. Believe me its not difficult, in fact if you do it yourself you would have discovered things for yourself and will be able to change settings to your liking.

The fellow from showroom will at most come once and he may well explain things the way he knows them (correct or incorrect), but you wont remember them all anyway. Denon manuals are certainly tedious though.

BTW my store person did send somebody over for no extra cost.

hey,

thanks hemantwaghe and Vj@HiFi for you'r inputs. I'll surely give it a try by myself......will let you know the possible outcome of the same......thanks.

How is outcome? Any help required?

Anyway if you are calling buddies to help on 2 Oct - Public Holiday and planning a movie bash with some celebrations - there is tip - Please stock the liquor well in advance as this will be a dry day!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Study it - twek it and DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!

In fact one of our member -very senior one - who spent close to 20 L on HT and got professional installation - HIS SYSTEM WAS PERMANENTLY SET ON DOLBY PRO LOGIC MODE -IMHO THE WORST SOUND ENCODING!

+ 1 to that,I was vitness there..Few dealors may have good knowledge.
Ideally company person shld visit & give some tips.In my case Onkyo person came home for Demo & he even answered my Q abt setup.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back