Ht setup options for 1-3 lacs budget required urgently!!

Eddierockks

Hi everyone, being an amateur, I am in real need of your precious suggestions for the ht setup that I want to place in my bedroom 13x17 feet. I like occasional gaming on my ps3 and xbox 360, very fond of movies as in almost every alternate day, I watch one. Going to Delhi a day after, so prompt replies would be highly appreciated enabling me to audition the various options.

1. I had earlier planned to buy Bose lifestyle v35 or 48. I would watch 80% movies on it and 20% music as well. I wouldn't mind the 3d viewing as well. Shortlisting Bose was easy because I initially thought buying a htib would be the easiest option for me. But after going thru the exhaustive info on this forum, I believe you guys dont find Bose vfm. Options required for a set consisting of an amplifier and 5.1 or 7.1 speakers in 3 price ranges : 1 lacs, 2 lacs and 3 lacs. I'm just not able to decide the best budget for my system that's why After getting your replies, I would decide which system to get as of course I need Pure VFM. As of now I've auditioned the said models of Bose, onkyo 3400, 4700, etc only. A friend of mine who deals in Waterfall audio, induction systems etc in gurgaon has been telling me to go in for a Marrantz or demon amp with Waterfall audio speakers. Please suggest all options with best after sales service as a necessity in India. Have been thinking a little about Onkyo 9300 as well, not sure about it as well. :indifferent14:

2. Please suggest the best projector screen 6x4 feet (have auditioned Liberty) and projector as well to go alongwith it. For now, I've auditioned Casio XJ-A140, like it as well plus the sales guy tells me it has 20000 hours life and is better than panasonic, benq, sharp, optoma, etc. I'm really confused right now as I'm ignorant about Casio projectors.

3. For screen gain, what would be the best option since I've window size of approximately 8x6 feet on the left size of where the screen would be placed, 2-3 feet away from the screen.

4. Can the amplifier be connected to some channel audio speakers that I want to place in my dressing room (8x15 feet) and washroom area (8x13 feet) ? If yes, what could fit my budget?

5. Best media player capable of playing almost every common format out there via wifi from my macs and PC, seen some xtreamer models for now.

6. Various options on dedicated Bluray player. Oppo gives warranty and after sales service in India? How's panasonic, Sony or Samsung options?

Best regards,
Eddie
Ludhiana (Punjab)

Samsung 32" led, ps3 80gb, xbox 360 modern warfare edition, Logitech Z5500, apple tv, Tata sky hd, iMac 21.5", Amd powered PC, Bose companion 5, Bose QC 3, MacBook pro, Dell Xps 13", iPad 1 & 2, etc

I will comment only on a few points where I can.

1. It is good that you have not gone in for Bose as a quick decision. You should take your time before taking the plunge. The suggestion of using Marantz / Denon as your Amplifier is very good. Both have very good current models and you cannot go wrong with them. Marantz 5005 / Denon 1912 / Denon 2112 are good choices.

For your speakers, first you need to decide whether aesthetics are a major concern. If yes, then good sub/sat combos like KEF T series / Quad L-ite / B&W MT series etc are very good 5.1 systems. They cost approx 90-110k. However, in the same budget or lower you can get bookshelf based systems which to my opinion sound better. PSB Image, Quad, B&W, Monitor Audio and Mordaunt short are a few brands with good speakers. You should extensively listen before shortlisting a few.

2. Avoid using these 20000 hours life projectors for a Home Theatre. They are not ideal for that purpose and are better used for Data applictions. Brands suggested by you like Panasonic and Optoma are well known for HT Projectors. Optoma HD20 provide big VFM and is available for 65k approx. Panasonic AE4000 though costing double is class leading at the price point. As for the screen Go in for a 16:9 ratio one. If you want to keep the height at 4 feet the width should be 7 feet. This is ideal for allround viewing and translate to a 92" diagonal.

4. Yes. The speakers in the dressing and washroom can be easily connected to the same Amplifier in your bedroom. For this you need AVR which supports Zone 2. The ones mentioned by me all have Zone 2 and so do most others in the same price bracket. I would suggest good brands of in-ceiling speakers like wharfedale/Polk rather than cheaper channel audio models. There are good indian speakers also for channel audio which are more VFM.

6. Sony has very good and capable BDPs. However, if you take a 3D player then make sure that the entire chain is 3D capable. AVRs is not an issue as mid-range ones all support 3D. But in case of Projectors the cost incease is a lot if you want 3D. I would suggest Sony BDP S380 as a non 3D player.

Hi everyone, being an amateur, I am in real need of your precious suggestions for the ht setup that I want to place in my bedroom 13x17 feet. I like occasional gaming on my ps3 and xbox 360, very fond of movies as in almost every alternate day, I watch one. Going to Delhi a day after, so prompt replies would be highly appreciated enabling me to audition the various options.

1. I had earlier planned to buy Bose lifestyle v35 or 48. I would watch 80% movies on it and 20% music as well. I wouldn't mind the 3d viewing as well. Shortlisting Bose was easy because I initially thought buying a htib would be the easiest option for me. But after going thru the exhaustive info on this forum, I believe you guys dont find Bose vfm. Options required for a set consisting of an amplifier and 5.1 or 7.1 speakers in 3 price ranges : 1 lacs, 2 lacs and 3 lacs. I'm just not able to decide the best budget for my system that's why After getting your replies, I would decide which system to get as of course I need Pure VFM. As of now I've auditioned the said models of Bose, onkyo 3400, 4700, etc only. A friend of mine who deals in Waterfall audio, induction systems etc in gurgaon has been telling me to go in for a Marrantz or demon amp with Waterfall audio speakers. Please suggest all options with best after sales service as a necessity in India. Have been thinking a little about Onkyo 9300 as well, not sure about it as well. :indifferent14:

2. Please suggest the best projector screen 6x4 feet (have auditioned Liberty) and projector as well to go alongwith it. For now, I've auditioned Casio XJ-A140, like it as well plus the sales guy tells me it has 20000 hours life and is better than panasonic, benq, sharp, optoma, etc. I'm really confused right now as I'm ignorant about Casio projectors.

3. For screen gain, what would be the best option since I've window size of approximately 8x6 feet on the left size of where the screen would be placed, 2-3 feet away from the screen.

4. Can the amplifier be connected to some channel audio speakers that I want to place in my dressing room (8x15 feet) and washroom area (8x13 feet) ? If yes, what could fit my budget?

5. Best media player capable of playing almost every common format out there via wifi from my macs and PC, seen some xtreamer models for now.

6. Various options on dedicated Bluray player. Oppo gives warranty and after sales service in India? How's panasonic, Sony or Samsung options?

Best regards,
Eddie
Ludhiana (Punjab)

Samsung 32" led, ps3 80gb, xbox 360 modern warfare edition, Logitech Z5500, apple tv, Tata sky hd, iMac 21.5", Amd powered PC, Bose companion 5, Bose QC 3, MacBook pro, Dell Xps 13", iPad 1 & 2, etc

I will comment only on a few points where I can.

1. It is good that you have not gone in for Bose as a quick decision. You should take your time before taking the plunge. The suggestion of using Marantz / Denon as your Amplifier is very good. Both have very good current models and you cannot go wrong with them. Marantz 5005 / Denon 1912 / Denon 2112 are good choices.

For your speakers, first you need to decide whether aesthetics are a major concern. If yes, then good sub/sat combos like KEF T series / Quad L-ite / B&W MT series etc are very good 5.1 systems. They cost approx 90-110k. However, in the same budget or lower you can get bookshelf based systems which to my opinion sound better. PSB Image, Quad, B&W, Monitor Audio and Mordaunt short are a few brands with good speakers. You should extensively listen before shortlisting a few.

2. Avoid using these 20000 hours life projectors for a Home Theatre. They are not ideal for that purpose and are better used for Data applictions. Brands suggested by you like Panasonic and Optoma are well known for HT Projectors. Optoma HD20 provide big VFM and is available for 65k approx. Panasonic AE4000 though costing double is class leading at the price point. As for the screen Go in for a 16:9 ratio one. If you want to keep the height at 4 feet the width should be 7 feet. This is ideal for allround viewing and translate to a 92" diagonal.

4. Yes. The speakers in the dressing and washroom can be easily connected to the same Amplifier in your bedroom. For this you need AVR which supports Zone 2. The ones mentioned by me all have Zone 2 and so do most others in the same price bracket. I would suggest good brands of in-ceiling speakers like wharfedale/Polk rather than cheaper channel audio models. There are good indian speakers also for channel audio which are more VFM.

6. Sony has very good and capable BDPs. However, if you take a 3D player then make sure that the entire chain is 3D capable. AVRs is not an issue as mid-range ones all support 3D. But in case of Projectors the cost incease is a lot if you want 3D. I would suggest Sony BDP S380 as a non 3D player.

Hi again :)

I'm looking to finalize it now as earlier the hard earned savings were spent on a new car. So took a break and now back again. I've read on Whatshifi mag December 2012 issue that B&W MT60D is the best model and is available for 2.64 lacs. Have you heard them? Please share your experience thanks.

why dont you hear them yourselves ? since your budget and brand is almost decided take a demo in delhi. you'll find who deals in BW from this forum or google.
not wanting to confuse you, but if can consider DALI audio there are quite a few dealers for same within delhi / NCR. you can have a look there also. For 2.64 lakhs (pure sound budget) you can get a LOT (with amplifier)

Hi Rishab, thanks for your advice. I am now starting to consider Dali (Ikon 6? falls in my budget?) alongwith B&W, Monitor Audio (RX8), Deftech BP10's, Polk Rti A9's, etc. Just read somewhere that there's the AV Max Expo on 8-10 march 2013, where one can audition as well as make the final purchase as almost all the best AV equipment dealers are there with their temporary demo rooms. I am counting on that, let's see how it goes. I will update you soon. Cheers.

Back