Input issue on LG C2 OLED EVO TV

woodscroll

Hello,

I am facing a weird issue on my LG C2 OLED EVO TV. I have one apple tv, which is connected via samsung q990b soundbar (HDMI eARC) and one MIBOX 4K directly connected to HDMI1 port of the TV.

Now I watch from apple tv and mibox, and whenever I pause the video after some time the tv will go to standby (which is absolutely normal), but then when I resume the operation of the tv, it will not connect to apple tv or the mibox even if I instruct to do that via the input option in remote. It just always says No Signal. I have switched the input from remote and pressed multiple buttons on apple tv and mibox remote so that those devices also come out of standby (if they are) but it will not switch to those inputs.

Only way to resolve this issue is to power off the tv from wall, power it on again and it will now switch to different inputs, but if it's paused again or kept in standby this issue will happen again, so this loop will continue.

The sales people of LG were saying that this tv contains the latest AI (artificial intelligence) processor, but I am amazed to see that it can't even do this basic thing.

This TV costs a bomb here in India and i have used tv's which are one fifth or one fourth of it's cost and they can do this thing brilliantly.

Does anybody have any solution or any idea how to resolve this? It will be very much appreciated.

Hello,

I am facing a weird issue on my LG C2 OLED EVO TV. I have one apple tv, which is connected via samsung q990b soundbar (HDMI eARC) and one MIBOX 4K directly connected to HDMI1 port of the TV.

Now I watch from apple tv and mibox, and whenever I pause the video after some time the tv will go to standby (which is absolutely normal), but then when I resume the operation of the tv, it will not connect to apple tv or the mibox even if I instruct to do that via the input option in remote. It just always says No Signal. I have switched the input from remote and pressed multiple buttons on apple tv and mibox remote so that those devices also come out of standby (if they are) but it will not switch to those inputs.

Only way to resolve this issue is to power off the tv from wall, power it on again and it will now switch to different inputs, but if it's paused again or kept in standby this issue will happen again, so this loop will continue.

The sales people of LG were saying that this tv contains the latest AI (artificial intelligence) processor, but I am amazed to see that it can't even do this basic thing.

This TV costs a bomb here in India and i have used tv's which are one fifth or one fourth of it's cost and they can do this thing brilliantly.

Does anybody have any solution or any idea how to resolve this? It will be very much appreciated.

Sounds like a sync issue and I would first suspect a compatibility or quality issue with the HDMI cable in use. Have you tried testing with a different HDMI cable (preferebly branded ones) that supports the latest standards?

Cheers!

I have a similar setup.
I am using G2.
Google tv connected via the gx soundbar to hdmi e-arc and STB on hdmi 1.
I am not facing this problem.
So could be related to your cable or some setting in TV. Check hdmi cec setting in TV and apple tv.

looks like HDMI handshake issue.. invest on good certified 2.1 cable.. also toggle HDMI CEC menu in all 3 devices, this decade old standard to use single device remote to operate home theatre setup.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back