Installing absorbers

scipath

Currently my room has no treatment except for a carpet between speakers and listening position and curtains on windows. There are windows behind speakers and windows around 6 feet behind listening position. I keep these open, because open windows are perfect absorbers. The left wall has a window (which I keep closed) with curtains, so can't put anything there. The right wall is bare. I am thinking of installing six of these https://www.auralexchange.com/product/nankarrow-neowave-wedge-6-pcs-1ft-x-1ft-acoustic-panel/ and keep it around point of first reflection on the right wall. Would it theoretically make much of a difference? My end goal is to minimize the ear piercing mids and improve stereo image.
And most importantly, is there any way I can install panels without permanently damaging walls (except maybe the paint)? I saw this
on YouTube. Does this look like a reasonable idea? I mean practically it does, but does installing it non-firmly as shown here make absorbers less efficient somehow?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190310_183241346.jpg
    IMG_20190310_183241346.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 50
Absorption at first reflection points will certainly make a difference, but ear piercing mids could be due to speakers/amp/preamp/source.
In my previous setup, I was able to get better stereo imaging by using wooden diffusors on the front wall, between the speakers.

Absorption at first reflection points will certainly make a difference, but ear piercing mids could be due to speakers/amp/preamp/source.
In my previous setup, I was able to get better stereo imaging by using wooden diffusors on the front wall, between the speakers.
My speakers are Polk rti a3 which are not known for their mids. People say they have shrill highs which is not an issue for me. Not due to the source, as it is the same for different sources. Maybe due to the amp. I use a norge 2060. Is this known to have this issue?
In fact there might be nothing wrong with the setup, I think it's just a personal preference. I am sensitive to mids, especially around 1k. Nonetheless, there is too much room reverb which I think may be making the mids sound more uncomfortable.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back