Integrated Amplifier with Bluetooth and/or wifi streaming Capabilities

Within the mentioned budget if you are looking for one box solution with very good amplifier, DAC and streamer only one product come in my mind is Yamaha RN803D @43k. It has great retro look with good build and sound quality . It is considered to be as Yamaha AS 700 series amplifier with streamer.
Another option is Marantz has recently released PM7000N with same functionality like above but may be cost more then Yamaha. ( May be same as Marantz PM7005 with streamer )
I feel Denon DRH800 and NR1200 are stereo receiver with streamer and may be sound similar to their av receiver lineup. ( have not auditioned yet)

This is really nice but quite above my budget.

I am thinking of chucking wifi streaming and Bluetooth connectivity altogether.
Because primarily I would listen from a wire (Aux cable) from MacBook air and an iphone. I would another method to connect later on.
Sound is first priority now

So think I should just stick with good amp with good DAC.
Would you suggest anything @lalit09 ?
Check hifimart.com marantz nr1200 is at great prize.

R-N 803 with YPAO is great at low listening levels also.
Some of these all in one / just add speakers are convenient and can drive a large range of commonly available BS and FS.

Hello FMs,

I have my heart set out on either Wharfedale 220 or 225. I loved their warm signature. And by and large, I am set with my speakers choice.
I am just confused with the choice of Amplifier/Stereo Receiver etc.
There are so many Sanskrit, SMPL 18, some Chinese brands, some Indian brands like Norge and then Yamaha, Denon Marantz and NAD 3020 etc that I am confused.

There is also an option of buying normal amplifiers + Chromecast Audio (or Bluetooth receiver)

The Price Range is 15K to 35K

I would prefer an amplifier with phono input so I may use vinyl ( though not absolutely mandatory)

My usual source is iPhone Spotify and similar Apps and then Macbook Air for FLAC files via aux
So the confusion is what to buy

Noob Question: Do network streamers have the amplifier built-in?

Looking forward to your ideas.
An combinaton of single ended class A amp / solid state amp and rasberry pi + allo based DAC and picoreplayer with airplay facility can satisfy. The warm sound signature of SE amp enhances the tranquility of music to extreme level.

Last edited by a moderator:
An combinaton of single ended class A amp / solid state amp and rasberry pi + allo based DAC and picoreplayer with airplay facility can satisfy. The warm sound signature of SE amp enhances the tranquility of music to extreme level.
The answer was way too technical for a noob to understand.
Maybe you can give some more info.

The answer was way too technical for a noob to understand.
Maybe you can give some more info.

Well , I usually build for people who are interested and passionate of audio. Usually a good amplifier is not reflects just from a good company but also good designs. Like the P3A amp dedign followed by by many good amplifier company , at least same basic design. So if you want to get best out of your budget try to listenen to every possible amplifier and every topology. Remember speaker chooses an amplifier. So first try to purchase good speaker and then amplifier.

Topologies like class A , B , AB , D ,T are very much different in audio signature.

The best is always class a sigle ended amp with produce rich, detailed, worm audio as any thing you throw on it. It has his own sound signature . It require a good full range speaker. There is only one device is working at processing the music signal and another to supply current to this. I have own such a amp for last 13 years without any wear or tear and believe me todays also it thrills me.

A class AB amp aka solid state amp produce great detail ,signature less ( most cases) ,ample of power, neutral sound. I have tested and build hundreds of them and found Rod Elliott P3A is the finest of all. I own this amp till now to listen casual as well as serious listening also.

A class D amp is very good at sub woofers but lacking detailing in midrange and highs. Some people like the amp due to bass madness. But I hope long way to go for these amp to compete with Class A and Class AB designs.

All public address amp are class B and not for serious listening.

Did not tested class T yet.

So here lying your decision about finding good amp.

And for DAC a diy DAC using single board computer like Raspberry pi and Allo Boss DAC are best combination in the world. The operating system being picorplayer which has facilities like airplay, streamer , equaliser, displaying an elegant VU meter.

I think thats all for decision making. You can PM me for detail.

Happy Listening....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back