Integrated stereo amp vs Network stereo streamer

mr_grump5

Stereo decoder section of my old Denon AVR 1909 crapped out today, very low volume on Stereo/Pure Music mode. rest of the music/movie modes work.
My source is mostly Oppo CD player and Chromecast streaming Tidal/Qobuz and flacs/ via Bubbleunp/foobar with Mordaunt Short speakers/sub.

can the existing Chromecast setup work with a Integrated Stereo amp like Marantz PM6006
via Zone 2 of my AVR ?
or Do I have to buy a Network Streamer like Yamaha R-N803?

Any reccos?

How about using the analog outputs from the Oppo CD player to the AVR1909? I assume the analog inputs on the AVR work.
If you have Chromecast Audio, try the analog output.
Its hard to say if there is a signal reaching the pre out or Zone 2 of your AVR. You should check that before you buy anything.

Thanks, will try the analog output of Oppo, Chromecase that I use comes with HDMI out, I can take optical out from my TV and then use a analog converter?

Instead of routing it through the TV, which means the tele will have to stay on just to listen to music, get a Chromecast Audio and use the optical output directly into your AV receiver. Or use the analog output from the chromecast, provided it supports all the streaming applications, audio formats you use.

Once again, check if the digital section of the receiver is functional. Its not entirely clear when you the stereo decoder section is busted on your AV receiver. There is no decoding done with a Stereo signal. Unless you meant, a digital input signal isn't being decoded down to stereo.

Unless you meant, a digital input signal isn't being decoded down to stereo

pretty much this, front channel volume is barely audible in Stereo/Pure audio mode, fronts work say if I switch to Dolby pro logic ii or all channel audio.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back