Intel i3 pc & Asus Xonar DG card

jay0505

Dear HVF members
I had bought a Xonar DG sound card now I got a new pc and tried use this card. An IT technican told me that I cannot use this card because it is supported only by PCI while my pc supports PCI Express. Can I use this card if I fit some additional accessory with the PCI Express bus? Or any other way to use this card?
Could anyone advise me please...

Thanks in advance.
Jay

hi ,

I wouldn't recommend doing that in fact i would say be very careful while trying for any such PCi to PCIe.. recently another FM had ordered for a PCI-PCI Ex converting bus which he had ordered from US or somewhere far away to use for a Juli@ which needs a PCI sliot too and after waiting about 2 months the converter finally came and the first thing when he connected the card was he saw smoke emerge from the converting strip!!!.... :sad: just take extra precaution with the item :rolleyes:

Hi rud3dawg,
Sad to know that..my sound card will remain redundant then...Any other solution?

Thanks for your quick response.
Regards,
Jay

Just to double check, did you open and see if your system has a PCI slot?

If possible post the model number of your motherboard or if its a branded PC then post the model and make.

Just to double check, did you open and see if your system has a PCI slot?

If possible post the model number of your motherboard or if its a branded PC then post the model and make.

Hi Nishanth,
My pc is Dell Optiplex 3010 mini tower with 4gb ram. A service technician (friend of mine) told me that it has PCI Express and Xonar DG will not fit in that.
Here's the link for model:
OptiPlex 3010 desktop details | Dell

I think I don' t have any choice but to buy a pciE card. Otherwise will go for an external one. Is the second option (USB) better? Anyone?

It isn't clear what slots come with your Dell. Why don't you open it up and see for yourself? Post a picture of the internals here if you're not sure.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back