Is it possible to use desktop PCIe sound card on laptop

cha_indian

I have Asus xonar essense STX (PCIe) soundcard from a desktop computer. I sold off the desktop but I dont want to sell the sound card and want to use in a laptop.

The problem is my laptop does not have thunderbolt 3 port. So is there any USB solution to connect the sound card?

I have Asus xonar essense STX (PCIe) soundcard from a desktop computer. I sold off the desktop but I dont want to sell the sound card and want to use in a laptop.

The problem is my laptop does not have thunderbolt 3 port. So is there any USB solution to connect the sound card?
Technically you don't even need thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) speed, even USB 3.0 (5Gbps) should be enough. There are a few eGPU adapters for thunderbolt 3 port available, which may serve the purpose, but most probably it will cost a lot more than this Sound card's worthiness. But I never heard about any see mass market device (affordable) for this purpose since there is no demand.

May i know the reason you want to try the same. I feel you would be better off selling the soundcard and investing in a portable DAC.

You mean, you need something like this?

USB 3.0 PCI 60CM PCIe PCI-E 1X to 16X Riser Card

MaSh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back