Intermittent sound issues with AIRTEL DTH HD with sony ht-iv300 reciever

nikhilsamkumar

My setup:

1. Sony ht-iv300 (HT) - with two input HDMI and one output (ARC) ouput.
2. Bravia android (TV) - with one (ARC) HDMI port.
3. airtel HD (STB) (with dolby digital plus over HDMI) - one HDMI out

I have connected the HMDI out from STB to HDMI1 IN of HT.
HDMI OUT(ARC) from HT to HDMI(ARC) on TV.
HDMI2 IN on HT from HDMI out on PS4.

sound output on STB set to Dolby Digital plus over HDMI and coaxial.

Switch on the TV/HT/STB and keep watching some HD channel.

Say, I started changing the channel in recursion looking for StarMoviesHD.
At some point between the switches sound goes off abruptly.
And no more sound in other channels.

While switching, say I am on NatGeo HD and sound is audible, now I switch over to next channel Discovery HD with video and no audio.

To get the sound back, I have to turn off all 3 devices (power cycle).

I am not sure if its STB issue. I don't face any problems with PS4.

I don't suspect any problems with HT.

I have the same issue... The HT gets hanged and have to switch off all 3 to get sound back...

Bought it just 4 days ago and can't watch Dth for more than 20 min or sooner if change channel.. It will sometimes switch to USB or TV or get hanged with not use message...have done soft and hard reboot and the Sony service also has not given solution yet... Firmware version is also latest. Anyone got a solution yet

Bought it just 4 days ago and can't watch Dth for more than 20 min or sooner if change channel.. It will sometimes switch to USB or TV or get hanged with not use message...have done soft and hard reboot and the Sony service also has not given solution yet... Firmware version is also latest. Anyone got a solution yet
Switch all HDMI cables to 2.0 or at least 1.4 compliant and check, just a suggestion. I'd also suggest connecting the STB to AVR only via coax or optical and see if this problem persists, that way you can rule out the STB.

Thanks, & BR,
Rajiv

I am facing the exact same problem with Airtel DTH. My friend is facing same problem with videocon DTH. Strangely, this does not happen with Tata Sky.

I have STB connected to TV and TV connected to HT via HDMI ARC. With this setup, I get to work HT work 1 out of 10 times. But when it works, it keeps working till I restart everything.

If I connect STB to HT and then HT to TV then sound is routed via HT almost every time I start applications but goes away abruptly while switching between channel. When this happens, HT stops responding completely.

Is it due to unsupported audio codecs?

Switch all HDMI cables to 2.0 or at least 1.4 compliant and check, just a suggestion. I'd also suggest connecting the STB to AVR only via coax or optical and see if this problem persists, that way you can rule out the STB.

Thanks, & BR,
Rajiv

I have HDMI 2.0 but have not tried with optical cables. I don't think cables have anything to do with this as my same setup works with Tata Sky but not with Airtel.

I am writing to Sony now. I think software update to HT can resolve this issue.

I had faced this issue long back, it was a cable issue. Since then I have switched to bluerigger HDMI cables for a devices. Never faced any audio or video drop issues in the past 3-4 years.

MaSh

Back