international shipment release-?

Sir, you can always beat an online quote:
polk audio rti a3 bookshelf speakers - Google Product Search
starts from about $318 (including tax and shipping).

anyways, coming to another point - have you imported stuff yourself?

I think for shipping in US they are adding about $40 extra. So it comes to USD 360.00 and here you can get for USD 395.00

My point is that there's hardly much of difference for bookshelves and hell of a difference for floor standers! Don't understand this logic.

Yes I have imported a few items. Though not any big or above $600 stuff.

I think for shipping in US they are adding about $40 extra. So it comes to USD 360.00 and here you can get for USD 395.00

My point is that there's hardly much of difference for bookshelves and hell of a difference for floor standers! Don't understand this logic.

Yes I have imported a few items. Though not any big or above $600 stuff.

Ok, so for, say $300 floorstanders - whats the procedure? thanks in advance.

Ok, so for, say $300 floorstanders - whats the procedure? thanks in advance.

No procedure as such. Just order online. They may charge $400 for shipping. Indian customs may charge approx 25% on value they estimate. So say Rs. 5000.00 ($100) So your total cost = $800.

hi reju,

fedex charged me $144 for the 36 pound package. The component value of the package was $303.

like you say, the courier charges could be quite high for a sub and floorstanders which might weigh in excess of 100 pounds

regards suri

Was this air or ship? What Fedex product did you use?

Regards

Strange. They wanted to charge me 7400/- for a 9kg parcel from Singapore when I inquired. That was the cheapest ( dont recall the product) they quoted.

Regards

Hi Suri, any update on your shipment status?

hi reju,
this is the update-

Details
May 11, 2009 11:37 AM
In transit
NEW DELHI IN
May 10, 2009 1:26 PM
Int'l shipment release
NEW DELHI IN
May 10, 2009 11:46 AM
In transit
NEW DELHI IN
Package available for clearance
May 9, 2009 11:28 PM
In transit
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 8:43 PM
Departed FedEx location
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 8:00 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 4:06 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 2:57 PM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 12:48 PM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 11:26 AM
MEMPHIS, TN
May 6, 2009 9:12 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
MADISON, WI
May 6, 2009 4:21 PM
Picked up
MADISON, WI
May 6, 2009 11:47 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Strange. They wanted to charge me 7400/- for a 9kg parcel from Singapore when I inquired. That was the cheapest ( dont recall the product) they quoted.

Regards

hi gobble, i think i know why -(this is taken from the madisound site)-

FedEx International
Economy and Priority

* We have very good rates with FedEx. The brokerage fee is included, but not the duty.
* FedEx to most countries is only a little more than USPS Priority Mail International (formerly Airmail) and is more reliable.
* FedEx Economy takes 7+ days for delivery.
* FedEx Priority takes 3-4 days for delivery.

I suppose MADISOUND has a deal with Fedex in which madisound customers are charged less

In transit
NEW DELHI IN
Int'l shipment release
NEW DELHI IN

After reading the complete tracking, it is quite clear that your shipment has been released by Indian Customs in New Delhi and is in transit to your address.

Cheers

Last edited:
After reading the complete tracking, i is quite clear that your shipment has been released by Indian Customs in New Delhi and is in transit to your address.

Cheers

Hey this is great news! Thank God the shipment does not have to go through the asst. comm. with Kochi customs!

I think now you can call Fedex and check what customs duties you have to pay.

Hey this is great news! Thank God the shipment does not have to go through the asst. comm. with Kochi customs!

I think now you can call Fedex and check what customs duties you have to pay.

Hi Reju,
many a slip twixt the cup and the lip!
hope it does not reach kochi in transit!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Details
May 11, 2009 11:23 PM
Delivery exception
COCHIN IN
Held, unable to collect payment
May 11, 2009 11:23 PM

At local FedEx facility

COCHIN IN
May 11, 2009 10:13 PM
At local FedEx facility
COCHIN IN
In transit
NEW DELHI IN
Int'l shipment release
NEW DELHI IN
In transit
NEW DELHI IN
Package available for clearance
May 9, 2009 11:28 PM
In transit
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 8:43 PM
Departed FedEx location
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 8:00 PM
PARIS FR
May 8, 2009 4:06 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 2:57 PM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 12:48 PM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
May 7, 2009 11:26 AM
MEMPHIS, TN
May 6, 2009 9:12 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
MADISON, WI
May 6, 2009 4:21 PM
Picked up
MADISON, WI
May 6, 2009 11:47 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Should I be sending a person to clear the package and donate money to the assistant commissioner of customs, or do i wait for fedex to contact me?

Last edited:
its not the customs as it has been released..amd the status could also be wrong.
just call the local Fedex office. this should be a delivery issue..hope your phone no given to fedex is correct ?

The package has cleared customs at Delhi and is with FedEx India now. They have already paid the duty to Customs at Delhi and Customs at Kochin will not be even aware of its existence!!! Customs clearance is an onetime activity only.

Fedex will contact you today for the payment and delivery. Hold on...

Yes, you should expect delivery today evening.
Why don't you call Fedex "to check delivery time and if there are any customs duties"?

FedEx
Ravi Puram (Station Cum ROC)
CC-39/4096-A Sri Kandath Rd
682017 Cochin

Tel:0484-2382676

Yes, you should expect delivery today evening.
Why don't you call Fedex "to check delivery time and if there are any customs duties"?

FedEx
Ravi Puram (Station Cum ROC)
CC-39/4096-A Sri Kandath Rd
682017 Cochin

Tel:0484-2382676

WOW Reju, You are right on the dot!! thanks for the phone number - i called and the package is on it's way - customs duty of Rs. 4865/- was paid by fedex, which i will be paying upon delivery tomorrow morning. The person at the fedex office asked for a demand draft to be sent to cochin.
when i gently protested, asking if it would'nt be enough if i paid the delivery person in kannur, it was agreed that i would pay 4865 plus 48 rupees for DD charge.
so, all's well that ends well, at least insofar as the ASST. COMMISSIONER of
CUSTOMS at Kochi is concerned.
i have made arrangements to take a picture of the delivery, if and when it happens, and will post a picture!
regards

Congratulations! Now only hope that arrives in good shape.

I do not have much idea about your order:
subwoofer driver (design Seas L26ROY 10" Subwoofer - 4 ohm, and the Recession buster kit by Vifa)

But it has cost you about 28K. But are you happy with the amount spent?
Maybe a ready made sub will cost quite a lot more?

I think that "recession buster" thing works for you. I think I will get one for myself and bust this damn recession, once and for all. :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Hi,

Suri Hurray :yahoo: ! Congrats on the smooth transaction :D! was waiting for this,thought let it come then I'll comment :p !

Well I will not talk bout the price you paid,Its understandable that you have thought very well before ordering it :eek:hyeah: !!

I however would like to just ask one question,Why did you choose to buy the recession buster kit instead of any other ?? offcourse keeping price in mind you might've taken the decision,but still just curious !

I myself wanted to buy some kit,But due these import,customs hassle dropped the idea :p!!

Anyways have you looked at this Fountek Kit ?

Its one of my Fav kits,comes with ribbon tweeter which sort a my Fav at the moment :eek:hyeah: (been dying to lay my hands on pair of them :p)!!

Anyways do post the pics and update Us with the latest ;)!!

Regards.

Back