Internet Radio Receiver with TuneIn, TOSLINK and USB port capabilities ?

manishmatu

Hi experts,

I have a Bose Lifestyle 35 DVD entertainment system, which has a TOSLINK connection. I have all my music collection in mp3 format bought from Flyte (vast majority at 320 kbps). Also, I listen a lot to internet radio via the TuneIn app.

Currently, my setup is to connect my Android PMP (Sony F806) via its 3.5mm jack to the AUX input of the Lifestyle 35.

Q1. Is the sound quality via a TOSLINK connection vastly superior to that via the 3.5mm connection, considering that I listen to mp3's and Internet Radio only ?

Q2. If TOSLINK is vastly superior in audio quality, pls suggest a Internet Radio Receiver which has a TOSLINK connection, USB port and capability to play internet radio via TuneIn.

I researched the receivers listed in the TuneIn website ... Sonos Connect, Squeezebox Duet, etc .... but, they don't seem to have USB port. Denon 720 has a good review base ... but, it does'nt have TuneIn capability.

Lastly, I love listening to excellent quality music, but have limited knowledge of audio components. Budget is not a constraint. Also, the purchase location is not a constraint.

Thanx.

cheers,
- manish

Last edited:
Buy a squeezebox touch from Amazon.com. It has terrific quality and ease of use.
It has optical and coax & spdif out via which you should be able to connect to your bose system.
Try both analog and digital outputs, decide upon listening which one you like best.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back