Internet radio stations with Beresford DAc

actually - since you are in delhi, don't even think about airtel, get mtnl. When I used to have mtnl, I never saw the speed go lower than 254 on a 256 connection.

Million $$$ question can not be whether it is 60% of a CDP. Because the answer would be "no". You should compare it to an mp3 file playing locally, vs an internet radio at the same bit rate. That's a fair comparison to do. The other comparison is - whether it would sound same quality as a worldspace receiver. Worldspace may turn out cheaper - less costly receiver, and instead of internet connection you pay for annual subscription.

But a PC and an Internet connection can do a LOT of other things if you compare to a stand alone CDP, a radio, or an internet radio device like squeezeboxes. It can sound much better than a CDP for sure - if you can play off RAM, or a solid state drive. It would sound much better even with a normal hdd as a transport compared to cdp as a transport - at least in budget of upto 30-40k. And it would be a lot easier to maintain your music library with a comp once you are done with the hardware/ software parts of it.
I would recommend the path Supra has taken - quickly assemble a system without spending money on high end cabinet/ power supply/ sound card. Just get a decent system assembled at Nehru place, and upgrade cab/ power supply/ sound card in due course of time. Meanwhile you can continue using your DAC if you like the sound of it.

I plan to get a Airtel broadband unlimited

Don't know what max speed I can stay connected (256)and at what speed to get best results?:sad:

...the million $ question I'm asking is it 60% as good as cd recording.....then only will i go in for additional investment of computer connected to my Dac to my Bryston

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back