Introducing another new product

odyssey

Alright folks, lets see how good you guys are at figuring this one out -

We (ARN Systems) are exclusive dealers for a product which was launched at a major hi-end audio show in the U.S. last year. This manufacturer signed up a record 25+ dealers during the three days of the show.

I dont believe you will find even a single formal review of this product as yet even though some are forthcoming (in review).

more hints later

cheers
Sridhar

ok, another hint -

This is a speaker with an external <fill in the blank>
that is truly full range

cheers

country of origin ?

Where is it made ?
Who is the designer ?
Configuration ?
Choice of drivers ?
Some details - so we can guess.....
Please.
Thanks,

Hi

This is a speaker with an external power supply.

Are they Feastrex from Japan?

You guys bringing the feild coil drivers to India?

Regards
Rajiv

Re: country of origin ?

Where is it made ?
Who is the designer ?
Configuration ?
Choice of drivers ?
Some details - so we can guess.....
Please.
Thanks,

designer - if I tell you that its too easy, but this is his first successful design
Configuration - mid/tweeter + bass drivers
choice - cant tell you that either
External crossover
designed and made in the US

there is also a similarity with the speaker/philosophy of THE cross-over/filter guru

cheers

Hi

This is a speaker with an external power supply.

Are they Feastrex from Japan?

You guys bringing the feild coil drivers to India?

Regards
Rajiv

no, not external power supply but external crossover

regards

Linkwitz lab, good choice and starting point. These speakers are also OB but no bass enclosures. Expected India price 1.8 L a pair including an external DSP crossover

company based in the Midwest USA

Cheers

also the speaker name has something to do with a subject that all of us studied in school

Cheers

correct! Yes once its in you are welcome to listen to it. If you are in blr come and listen to the ushers if you havent heard them before.

Cheers
sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

I've been tracking this thread for some time,finally the ans is reveled ! gr8.

Iam very much interested in auditioning Usher Audio products,Please let me know when can I drop in ?

Regards.

you are welcome to come over anytime, however the 8571 is already sold, it will be on display only for another 5 days. I wish there was a chance for brun/break in but it also depends on demand and how long we can hold on to them. Send me a pm or email
cheers
sridhar
[email protected]

You are right that it requires bi-amping, but what Clayton (the designer) tells me is that for the bass units, one does not require high quality amplification and that even a cheap pro amp will serve the purpose and do well. For the mids/tweets again, one can use low power tubes/ss provided one likes the tone of the amp. You do not need a 100W amp to drive this. The Z is from 4 to 9 ohms, and its 100dB efficient. I know one person who just connected an old receiver for the bass units and claims its working beautifully :).
Once we try it out, I will post my findings here.
The other thing about the DSP cross over is that it comes with a mike and if one is knowledgable enough, the setup can be tuned to match the room.

cheers
Sridhar

Emerald Physics : Introduction

Seems to be an interesting speaker. I would definitely like to listen to it. Problem is it requries biamping which means the buyer has to buy more amplification. Your price should factor this in.

They even have their own forum over at AA: Emerald Physic Forum

All the best! :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back