Introducing HSU Ventriloquist!

rejeeb

Hi Folks,

Finally my 4 month journey to build a HT reached its final destination ( LED/Plasma tv is still pending, but will be adding that very soon.)

I've installed HSU Ventriloquist speakers and HSU STF2 sub, it is paired with Onkyo 608.

I will explain my experience in one simple sentence: "When I watched 'Avatar' DVD, the sound experience it produced is as similar to watching it in PVR Gold class."

This the combination is virtually unbeatable and outperforms any other expensive systems I've heard. Just google, you will find tons of positive reviews about HSU Ventriloquist! So I am not going to write a detailed review, I simply agree with these reviews :)

I would like to thank 'venkatcr' for recommending this system, also a BIG tahnks to 'Kittu' for the amazing virtual support he provided me to setup the Onkyo 608. This forum really rocks!

photo%20%286%29.JPG

photo%20%285%29.JPG

~Rejeeb

congrats Rajeeb.

What is the price you paid for the speakers and subwoofer?

cheers.

Congtrats & do post a review...
How much for spk mount(rears)?Can you post better/bright photo?

Congratulations, Rajeeb. I am glad you are enjoying the Hsu speakers. I did hear a lot of good things about them, and I am glad they have turned out well for you. A couple of advises:

1. Don't push the speakers too hard in the beginning. Let them burn in a little (say 50 odd hours) before driving them hard.

2. The HSU VTF can go really low, so let it do all the hard bass work. Keep the cross over somewhere around 150Hz at first, and experiment by lowering it to 120, 100, and 80Hz. If any of the switch step made you feel the previous crossover sounded deeper and harder, THAT is the crossover to keep as your standard. This is an unconventional method, but it works.

Cheers

Hi Folks,

Finally my 4 month journey to build a HT reached its final destination ( LED/Plasma tv is still pending, but will be adding that very soon.)

I've installed HSU Ventriloquist speakers and HSU STF2 sub, it is paired with Onkyo 608.

I will explain my experience in one simple sentence: "When I watched 'Avatar' DVD, the sound experience it produced is as similar to watching it in PVR Gold class."

This the combination is virtually unbeatable and outperforms any other expensive systems I've heard. Just google, you will find tons of positive reviews about HSU Ventriloquist! So I am not going to write a detailed review, I simply agree with these reviews :)

I would like to thank 'venkatcr' for recommending this system, also a BIG tahnks to 'Kittu' for the amazing virtual support he provided me to setup the Onkyo 608. This forum really rocks!

photo%20%286%29.JPG

photo%20%285%29.JPG

~Rejeeb

Did you pay 300 dollars for the whole setup(speakers + SW)?!

Rajeeb,

Whats the height of front and rear speakers? I feel the fronts are lil high , may be I am missing something here..

Kittu

OK, it is a 7.1 setup.
I am using 'Front height' channels instead of surround back. I guess that is why you are confused.

The top speakers are "Height" and the bottom ones are 'Front'-which is placed at the ear level.

I am using AUDYSSEY DSX or DOLBY PRO LOGIC IIz.

Last edited:
@ spirovious,

They are mounts from Vantage Point.
I don't remember the exact price, I guess the rear set is Rs 800-900 ( set of 2) , and the front mounts cost 1400-1500 ( set of 5)

Rajeeb,

Keep the shelf open when you operate the AVR . Let 608 breathe some fresh air.....

And what about the display mate ;) a CRT with all this hifi stuff.. Lil unfair :p dont you think so ?

Kittu

Last edited:
question about the hsu ventriloquist . As hsu is more of a subwoofer company wouldnt speakers from the usual guys (usher/polk/monitor) sound better ?

how does this setup compare to a "regular" setup ?

Back