Introducing HSU Ventriloquist!

gr8 setup, hsu is very good company, front heights are called as presence speakers i think, they give an overall movie hall effect by milliseconds delayed sound to simulate reverberations of the movie hall. thats fantastic IMO u chosen right setup as surround back channels are active for very less time during a movie, also presence speakers help in simulating your music as if sitting in opera houses. Enjoy :)

@Kittu,

It is not a fully closed shelf, the back side is completely open :)
Regarding the TV, as I mentioned in my first post "LED/Plasma tv is still pending, but will be adding that very soon". I am doing things in step by tep manner, first was sound next is TV.

@ spirovious

This vantage point mount can hold upto 3.6KG.
HSU VT12 speaker provides 2 types of mount options:
1) a keyhole to allow hanging the speaker system on the wall
2) molded-in threaded inserts to attach the unit to a mount (this is what I used)

The mount which I used is specifically for satellites. So I am not sure you will be able to use this or not. For booksshelfs they have a different type of mount, refer vantage point website.

Last edited:
@ spirovious

This vantage point mount can hold upto 4.8KG.
HSU VT12 speaker provides 2 types of mount options:
1) a keyhole to allow hanging the speaker system on the wall
2) molded-in threaded inserts to attach the unit to a mount (this is what I used)

Very nice mounts I need something similar for my paradigm 110s . Do you think vantage point have suitable mounts for paradigms. Where is their store located?

First check the Vantage Point website and identify which type of mount you want. In Bangalore the dealer is FAXTEL SYSTEMS

Address is given below:

FAXTEL SYSTEMS (I) PVT.LTD.
2/4A,Kensington Road
Bangalore 560 042

Tel : 080 25301747 / 25301740

The HSU VTF can go really low, so let it do all the hard bass work. Keep the cross over somewhere around 150Hz at first, and experiment by lowering it to 120, 100, and 80Hz. If any of the switch step made you feel the previous crossover sounded deeper and harder, THAT is the crossover to keep as your standard. This is an unconventional method, but it works.

From the HSU website:
Incedentaly, sending the 80 250 Hz frequencies to the subwoofer would ruin the soundstage.

If this is true, I guess the OP will have to cross low.

@ maniac_2004

HSU now moved into speakers as well.
From my experience this system is far far better than the book shelf based 5.1 systems which I auditioned before.

If you need speakers for a room of small to moderate size, and looking for a compact set of speakers, you dont necessarily want your home-theater system to double as a "high-end audio station", then you would certainly want to consider the Ventriloquist system.
The Ventriloquist feature makes it possible to enjoy a full range of sound from tiny satellite speakers. In other words these speakers are small in size but huge in sound.

Rejeeb,

Firstly congratulations for your HT, it seems like you got a very good and VFM HT system :)

However, If you could let us all know what all other speakers you tried and which were in your shortlisted list finally before you chose the HSU Ventriloquist it will be very helpful.

Thank you buddy.

I don't recall all the brand names now... but here is a rough list..
Polk TS 100, Polk RM 6750, Klipsch BS and HDT 500, W'dale 9 & 10, MS, MA, KEF, Energy Take Classic and RC Micro, Q Acoustics, Mirage Nanosat, Jamo, Onkyo HTS, Bose, Elac, Accoustic energy, JBL Cinesystem

I liked the bookshelfs/tower speakers when I heared them in a stereo amp. But the moment they formed in a 5.1 system there was no wow factor.

Last edited:
I liked the bookshelfs/tower speakers when I heard them in stereo amp. But the moment they formed a 5.1 system there was no wow factor.

AGREED ........ 'something' missing in comparison to a movie theatre. I have heard that the 'background rumble' comes very clean in a Ventriloquist.

Hi,

Sees like you did a good amount of research before finalising which is a good thing :) and thanks for sharing the list of speakers you tried. If you found these to be better than QA then they must really be good.

Three questions
1) Since you must have brought them as extra luggage.. did you have any trouble with the airline or customs? did it cost you extra dollars !! ( I am also planning something similar hence the question )

2) Are these available in India for demo, if so do you or does any one know of any dealers in Mumbai ?

3) Their size seem to be quite small, In your opinion can they be good for medium sized roms like 20*10 feet? what is your room size.

Thanks

1) Luckily I did not face any issues, weight was little extra, but airlines folks didn't bother. So it is better to if you can really plan well with your luggage. (travel with as little luggage as possible).
2) Unfortunately no
3) HSU has provided a good reference diagram to decide the speakers, based on that it will be good enough. Here is the link. But you can write to them for more details, they are very prompt in responding. Couple of time Dr Pete itself responded back to my mails! My room size is 19*10, listening area is 10*10.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back