Introducing my self

Aijaz

Ladies N Gentlman
Good Day
This is just to introduce myself to the members of the group.
My name is Aijaz, I live in Lucknow. I’m a retired
Reason to join the group to get an expert advice on buying a new Smart TV
I’ll be looking to get expert opinions to buy a 55” TV with most of the features required for a latest TV.
In my mind when it comes to brand I would prefer Sony but if I can get more features in less money, I will be open to other brands.
For selecting brand, features and considering price in mind, I will be open to expert opinions of my fellow group members.
Your expert opinions will be highly appreciated.
Best regards
Aijaz

Welcome to the forum.
Depending on budget you may check the big four.
Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic (in no particular order).
They all have decent products in their lineup.

Cheers,
Raghu

Welcome to the forum.
Depending on budget you may check the big four.
Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic (in no particular order).
They all have decent products in their lineup.

Cheers,
Raghu
Hi Raghu
Thanks for a quick reply.
Budget is not a problem, I hv already gone spending around 80k
Sony models which I hv seen and interested in are
55x7500H- 71,990
55x8000H- 82,500
These Sonny models compared to LG has better features to offer specially one with Nano cell and beside other features has a key board as well, these are two models of LG
55NANO80TNA. - 81,000
55UN7300PTC. - 61,900
What do you hv to say on the above models and brands.
Also would like to know, that same models on amazon are much much cheaper.
But I’m scared to buy online as I hv seen lot of reviews on tv purchase from amazon, people say that they call dealers for installation but no one listens, you pay upfront don’t know what they are sending weather a used one or lot of other speculation and concerns.
What’s your take on all the above?
How long u hv been with the group? May know lot of concerns people post on daily basis. I’m really sorry to bug you with so much stuff, hope you don’t mind.
In which city do u live and what do u do for a living?
Best regards
Aijaz

I have not seen or experienced or evaluated TVs in the last 2 years.
Bought a 55" OLED along with a 43" 4K UHD from LG in 2018.
Both are nice sets for their price points.
LG 4K UHD is one model lower than Nano-cell lineup.

At the time, I did evaluate Sony OLED, but was not convinced about the price premium vis-a-vis LG.
- Picture Quality was only slightly better with Sony, but LG was good enough
- Did not want the sound enhancements in this model, as I had AVR
- Sony UI was really bad in 2018 (hope they have improved it now)
In 4K UHD, I compared LG vs Samsung and LG won out due to
- UI, the ThinQ is well implemented, intuitive and easy to use; was buying TV for my mum who is 70+ years
- Jazz model has enhanced sound which was a requirement
- Others like BT out etc are now being used by my 92 year Grand-mum, BT headphones :D
Other panels I have had are Panasonic Plasma 2010 model. Still going good at parents place.
All 3 TVs are completely on OTT/Streming services, no cable/dish connection. Disconnected them in 2018/2019.

Don't buy TV online, search for a local dealer. Diwali is the best time to buy; great discounts and offers.
Lucknow must have dealers for all 4 top tier brands. And you can bargain like crazy too closer to Diwali :)
Keep an eye on the TV sub forum; lots of current discussions there on TVs/Brands/features, etc

I live in Bangalore. I'm a "Glorified Typist" A.K.A SW/Systems Engineer :)
Been on the forum for about 5+ years now.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have not seen or experienced or evaluated TVs in the last 2 years.
Bought a 55" OLED along with a 43" 4K UHD from LG in 2018.
Both are nice sets for their price points.
LG 4K UHD is one model lower than Nano-cell lineup.

At the time, I did evaluate Sony OLED, but was not convinced about the price premium vis-a-vis LG.
- Picture Quality was only slightly better with Sony, but LG was good enough
- Did not want the sound enhancements in this model, as I had AVR
- Sony UI was really bad in 2018 (hope they have improved it now)
In 4K UHD, I compared LG vs Samsung and LG won out due to
- UI, the ThinQ is well implemented, intuitive and easy to use; was buying TV for my mum who is 70+ years
- Jazz model has enhanced sound which was a requirement
- Others like BT out etc are now being used by my 92 year Grand-mum, BT headphones :D
Other panels I have had are Panasonic Plasma 2010 model. Still going good at parents place.
All 3 TVs are completely on OTT/Streming services, no cable/dish connection. Disconnected them in 2018/2019.

Don't buy TV online, search for a local dealer. Diwali is the best time to buy; great discounts and offers.
Lucknow must have dealers for all 4 top tier brands. And you can bargain like crazy too closer to Diwali :)
Keep an eye on the TV sub forum; lots of current discussions there on TVs/Brands/features, etc

I live in Bangalore. I'm a "Glorified Typist" A.K.A SW/Systems Engineer :)
Been on the forum for about 5+ years now.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thank you dear for your time and a detailed analysis
It was indeed a pleasure to know you.
Best regards.
Aijaz

Ladies N Gentlman
Good Day
This is just to introduce myself to the members of the group.
My name is Aijaz, I live in Lucknow. I’m a retired
Reason to join the group to get an expert advice on buying a new Smart TV
I’ll be looking to get expert opinions to buy a 55” TV with most of the features required for a latest TV.
In my mind when it comes to brand I would prefer Sony but if I can get more features in less money, I will be open to other brands.
For selecting brand, features and considering price in mind, I will be open to expert opinions of my fellow group members.
Your expert opinions will be highly appreciated.
Best regards
Aijaz

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find most of the answers to your queries or challenges related to AV in the knowledge rich threads we have on this excellent website. Please browse the various sections.

Best Wishes

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back