Invention Audio Power Conditioner

I think you should take that room correction out and then connect everything and re calibrate it.

In my experience no audiophiles like the room calibration and DSP processing.

Last edited:
I think you should take that room correction out and then connect everything and re calibrate it.

In my experience no audiophiles like the room calibration and DSP processing.

In my humble opinion. Every listening room that can't harness the power of acoustic treatment, needs to use some form of room correction software. Speakers are designed and measured in anehoic chambers . But we put them in real rooms. So we need some kind of room eq or dsp to take the room limitations out of the question. I have several friends using dirac, and completely swear by it. I am down that path too soon enough :)

In my humble opinion. Every listening room that can't harness the power of acoustic treatment, needs to use some form of room correction software. Speakers are designed and measured in anehoic chambers . But we put them in real rooms. So we need some kind of room eq or dsp to take the room limitations out of the question. I have several friends using dirac, and completely swear by it. I am down that path too soon enough :)
Oui!! That's why I love AVRs. They do a neat trick with calibration and room correction/EQ.
Unfortunately for 2-channel, other tricks must be used.
But, then @panditji has a Lyngdorf, so he has covered his bases.
Cheers,
Raghu

@newlash09 , Do check out that delta h designs acoustics thread which I had posted in the acoustics forum. Might be a better option than signal manipulation.

Thanks a lot for the heads up Square wave :)

Will check it out now. But I have been allotted a small corner in my daughter's bedroom to indulge myself. On the condition that I don't take over the room. So not exactly easy to get acoustic treatments into that space without enraging both my daughter as well as my wife. But will still check out that thread now. Thanks again.

IIR based filter is something that you can look at. In rahul pandit case the calibration to be done after the power conditioner is placed. Myself I like dsp in HT but in stereo I never liked it.

coming to the room correction. What you said is right that manufacturers do measure in anachoic chambers but there are few who dont measure in that.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back