Invention Audio Power Conditioner

panditji

Guys, just received the Invention Audio power conditioner for testing at my home today... Delhi members feel free to join in for a listen as I will be using it for the next 10 days... Also need to borrow a 3 pin power cable for use as I don't have an extra power cord... Request Delhi/NCR members to loan an extra cable for about 10 days .. Am based out of Faridabad...

Attachments

• d2d08838-7cba-448e-aafe-c90fd3ea88c3.jpg
    d2d08838-7cba-448e-aafe-c90fd3ea88c3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 5341b117-087f-4d0c-979c-56b67713134f.jpg
    5341b117-087f-4d0c-979c-56b67713134f.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 183
Looking forward to your report. Do you have any information about the technology involved here ? Is it a power regenerator ?

Have no clue about the technicals... Since I dont have an extra power cord, will check it out when I get one on loan. Sandeep of Invention Audio was kind enough to send a demo unit for me to check out.. hope others in Delhi/NCR can join in as well to check the product...

If you use a desktop PC, printer at home then you can remove one from there and use it for the power conditioner

If it is a power regenerator ( double conversion ), power cord will not make any difference.

If it is a conditioner which uses filters etc, maybe a good cord will make a difference. Slightly less work for the filters !

hi square wave. What regenerator does is not complete regeneration. Complete Regeneration requires a supermassive amplifier like if you see a 2 or 3kW amplifier it has to be that big and massive and generates a considerable amount of heat. Its not how its working. You can find the information about how few companies do in an example check the psaudio patent paper available online. It actually compares the signal and fills the gap whatever happens in the sinewave and send it rather than a complete cycle regeneration.

The main challenge is to see how the sound affects altogether. Some say regeneration is better and some say pure filtering is better. My choice is still a purist approach. You need it but you should not feel the presence of another unit added in the chain.

It is insanely hard to design something like that in a minimal way. Like if you are programmer optimizing the code will give you speed but what if you are given very few lines and want to fit in everything in that.

hi square wave. What regenerator does is not complete regeneration. Complete Regeneration requires a supermassive amplifier like if you see a 2 or 3kW amplifier it has to be that big and massive and generates a considerable amount of heat. Its not how its working. You can find the information about how few companies do in an example check the psaudio patent paper available online. It actually compares the signal and fills the gap whatever happens in the sinewave and send it rather than a complete cycle regeneration.

The main challenge is to see how the sound affects altogether. Some say regeneration is better and some say pure filtering is better. My choice is still a purist approach. You need it but you should not feel the presence of another unit added in the chain.

It is insanely hard to design something like that in a minimal way. Like if you are programmer optimizing the code will give you speed but what if you are given very few lines and want to fit in everything in that.

Thanks.

From what I know, double conversion online ups systems, convert the ac to dc first and then reconvert it back to ac. Is it different with
regenerators like ps audio ?

I am not technically qualified so don't know about the nuances in the deign.

most of the UPS systems use SMPS technology for efficiency which is also used in adaptors. What PSaudio does is it uses class AB amplifier output board to fill the gaps. Here it is not that efficient but relatively more linear. The reality line is no matter how much the sinewave is skewed at least to a permissible extent those waves are rectified and then smoothed in the power supply capacitors in the amplifier or any preamplifier with regulator on board.

Thanks.

From what I know, double conversion online ups systems, convert the ac to dc first and then reconvert it back to ac. Is it different with
regenerators like ps audio ?

I am not technically qualified so don't know about the nuances in the deign.

As sandyj correctly mentioned. The newer Psaudio P5 and p10 power plants are not pure power regenerators. They have a circuit that monitors the current continously, and adds a over riding power wave to correct the power in real time, so that the end power output in always as pre determined. These are smaller and have better efficiency.

Their original P300, P600 and P1200 were pure class A SS amps , that internally converted all incoming AC to DC, and again generated a AC output from this converted DC.. one could even chose the output frequency of the power he wanted. So they are still considered the best around . But are really really huge , very very inefficient and run really hot too.

I did test it and have been listening since the last 2 weeks... At first impression, it sounds very smooth with more prominent bass and makes you feel it cleans the sound... However I felt that the smooth sound could be due to the highs being toned down which Sandeep disagrees with obviously... I do feel it makes the sound more musical and engaging but I think I miss the sparkle of the high frequency.. The company argument is that I have been used to listening with the noise in the power line which accentuates the highs and they could be right as it could be simply a matter of the ears being used to a type of sound.. I still have to make a decision as I am confused... But I would encourage everyone to try it if they get a chance... Since Invention Audio is based out of Hyderabad, I hope more people can try it and maybe share their feedback as well.. For me I am confused as the sound is smoother, less fatiguing but tones down the highs a bit...

.I do need help...

Interesting. One observation. That Mogami 3103 gets polarized feedback among audiophiles. Have you tried any other cables ? I have heard that 3103 smoothens out the highs a bit. Maybe the noise in the power was balancing out the highs roll off and giving you acceptable treble. Now that the noise is gone, the roll off could be too much. Who knows ? This audio is such a voodoo thing :)

I heard it with a furutech speaker cable as well with similar results... The 3103 has a reputation for being bass heavy so I have read . Smoothening of highs is not something I have read anywhere.. my problem is that I do not have the patience for critical listening and simply judge a component based in the level of details it brings out or dampens...
That is why I need help from others to corroborate my basic findings...

I did test it and have been listening since the last 2 weeks... At first impression, it sounds very smooth with more prominent bass and makes you feel it cleans the sound... However I felt that the smooth sound could be due to the highs being toned down which Sandeep disagrees with obviously... I do feel it makes the sound more musical and engaging but I think I miss the sparkle of the high frequency.. The company argument is that I have been used to listening with the noise in the power line which accentuates the highs and they could be right as it could be simply a matter of the ears being used to a type of sound.. I still have to make a decision as I am confused... But I would encourage everyone to try it if they get a chance... Since Invention Audio is based out of Hyderabad, I hope more people can try it and maybe share their feedback as well.. For me I am confused as the sound is smoother, less fatiguing but tones down the highs a bit...

.I do need help...

Hi panditji... good day :)

I did hear the invention audio power conditioner in my freinds place. And Iam very familiar with his system, as I frequent his place to listen to music. I didnt post my listening impressions in this thread So far, as I didn't want to induce any placebo before your actual listening test.

So here goes mine, I was pleasantly surprised by IA's power conditioner. It made the sound smoother with a darker back ground. I also felt the darker back ground and the added silence, also flushed out the details a bit more. I also felt there was some added definition in the bass. Though I must admit that I don't have great ears, so couldn't hear any treble roll off even if it was there.

But usually RFI noise either in power or signal cables usually adds a harshness to the treble, this is only applicable to the higher treble frequencies, so it makes a system sound brighter. Elimination of the same, makes the biggest difference in treble smoothness.

So all in all, I was pleased with it. And I did compare same with my isotek evo 3 Polaris, and the difference was indistinguishable to my ears . So the IA probably does what it is designed to do.

P.S : Disclaimer - please note that Iam not in any way connected to IA or any of its members. The above is my honest impression. And it's just a coincidence that I belong to hyderabd too, so get to hear loads of stuff in fellow hobbyists rooms. Thanks

I heard it with a furutech speaker cable as well with similar results... The 3103 has a reputation for being bass heavy so I have read . Smoothening of highs is not something I have read anywhere.. my problem is that I do not have the patience for critical listening and simply judge a component based in the level of details it brings out or dampens...
That is why I need help from others to corroborate my basic findings...

Dont worry for critical listening. Trust your ears. If you are in doubt, means its not worth it. For me mogami had rolled off highs.

Here is the way how it was and now how it will be

1. Noisy power supply( which is most of the case )+ revealing cable = Perceived as brighter sound

2. Clean power supply( after using good pow conditioner )+ revealing cable = more neutral sound but with additional details all over the spectrum and feels like all the grunge and grit is gone.

3. Clean power supply + softening cable ( which usually robs the details makes you feel smoother ) = sound like recessed mid and highs.

So the cure is to balance with the right cable.

Once you introduce the power conditioner in line you are getting clean power and thats how you will get the details which were actually shadowed by noise.

Start taming the system cables with interconnects once the power conditioner is in place. The result will be very constructive.

@panditji Are you using the room correction in your setup? Have you tried to recalibrate it with the new power conditioner?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back