Invention audio power conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panditji, most amp designers believe that addition of rf and emi filters and surge suppressors mess up the sound. Which is why they don’t have this in their amps. Good designers focus on having large power supplies so that current can be delivered instantaneously on demand and that there is no lag. To them things like filters are band aids and not the right approach to a power supply design.

Thats correct. Amp designers always refrain from filtering before power supply. Filters do not mean they improve power supply everytime. They have diverse effects depending on original electricity condition. Normally they affect the dynamics of sound adversely. Not everyone will prefer them.

Any Active electronic component injects its own Tone + noise into the mix . Infact most ultra high end sources actually have external PSU's to counter this.

is this just a EMI/RFI filter like the one in some of the extension boxes ?
My understanding on the power conditioner is that it is supposed to correct the power hormonic issues to lesser/greater extent . if not , what is the different between EMI/RFI filter and power conditioner

Will this box do that ?

I have been using similar boards in all my preamp and power amp builds since many years now albeit smaller ferrite cores to handle the power cleanup ;)

is this just a EMI/RFI filter like the one in some of the extension boxes ?
My understanding on the power conditioner is that it is supposed to correct the power hormonic issues to lesser/greater extent . if not , what is the different between EMI/RFI filter and power conditioner

Will this box do that ?
Basic EMI/RF filter board should not cost a lot, also it's star wiring I think.
This image is from the Isotek Aquarius Evo3 power conditioner(priced 2000 usd by the way) , only difference being individual ferrite cores for each socket...
IsoTek_Aqauarius_Evo3-0015.jpg

Or probably the core material may be something different?

Last edited:
Basic EMI/RF filter board should not cost a lot, also it's star wiring I think.
This image is from the Isotek Aquarius Evo3 power conditioner(priced 2000 usd by the way) , only difference being individual ferrite cores for each socket...
View attachment 39975

Or probably the core material may be something different?
I got a message on what's up from invention audio. He confirmed that the functionality is EMI and RFI filtering and it does not do anything to improve the power harmonic . The claim is it does not affect the dynamics while filtering the EMI and RFI

Is this the Power conditioner from Invention Audio?
Yes sir

Normally when you filter rf/emi, tone and timbre gets affected. Sometimes in a positive way. Sometimes not

Most of these filters dump the hash to the ground. Now because most of us live in apartments our ground is usually not very good. So all that stuff dumped to the ground does not necessarily go out.

There is a very cheap and easy way to get These filters. Watch out in any old news paper scrap shop.

When they knock down the old Xerox, Cannon or any other photo copier or digital printing machines atleast half a dozen of them are available in each machine.

Like that I got one lot of 4 nos. for ₹20/-

So what these last few posts are stating that the internals of the discussed conditioner has nothing but the rfi/emi filter ?

Guys are you sure the picture posted is the internal of Invention Audio Power Conditioner? Else it’s being very unfair to the manufacturer

I agree Sidvee. Majority of these so called power conditioners are not worth more than USD 100.

Most of these power conditioners are using basic filters or some quartz crystals to reduce emi/rf

There is a very cheap and easy way to get These filters. Watch out in any old news paper scrap shop.

When they knock down the old Xerox, Cannon or any other photo copier or digital printing machines atleast half a dozen of them are available in each machine.

Like that I got one lot of 4 nos. for ₹20/-

This board looks more like with the same specifications, if someone doesn't want to take the scrap route ...

AIYIMA 4400W EMI 20A High Frequency Power Filter Power supply Assembled Board For Speaker Amplifier

There are a lot of vodoo boxes and cables in the hifi world which does EMI/RFI reduction, phase correction, tweak resistance/inductance etc and give major/minor improvements for reasonable/exorbitant prices.

Arguably, they shine in some setups and fall flat in others.

What makes sense is to experience the performance in your own setup and gauge the price/performance benefit before purchase.

What is inside the box is mostly irrelevant if you like the sound. It is irrelevant if you don't like the sound too, like with so many components in the hifi world which don't match your setup and/or your liking and/or the direction you want to take your sound.

+2 cents.

Guys are you sure the picture posted is the internal of Invention Audio Power Conditioner? Else it’s being very unfair to the manufacturer

Folks,
I would agree with Prem.
It's a breach of propiety.
We also discount the time and therefore expense incurred by the designer.

Folks,
I would agree with Prem.
It's a breach of propiety.
We also discount the time and therefore expense incurred by the designer.
Well, I paid close to 34 K (including priority shipping) for this device. I am certainly happy with its performance. But, it does not feel good to pay say 3X to 4X the price - I feel cheated. There are other devices in the market which do the same thing, but call themselves appropriately as "distribution boxes", and are priced at about 9K. If the circuit is no more than that used in a distribution box circuit, it is not appropriate to package it into a big, mostly empty box, and charge a huge amount by calling it a "power conditioner" when it is no more than a EMI/RF filter. That is the bone of contention here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back