Invest in resistors for better sound?

kaushik

Experts opinion needed on resistors to be chosen for new amplifier building ,

How the true are the following information:confused: i came across,
" Tantalum capacitors sound terrible in most audio circuits but tantalum resistors sound fantastic"
and
"Military ("Mil. Spec.") metal film resistors, available at government auction, hamfests, surplus dealers, etc. can offer good sound quality and excellent reliability for a very cheap price.
"

Where to source these Mil and Tantalum Resistors here in india ?

Try RS Components. I don't know there are still operational here in India but way back in 1990 I used their services to procure difficulat to get components in small quantities. They delivered but proved quite expensive. I used them only for certain immergency maintenance jobs.

Hi,

Kaushik,I can tell you that Tantalum capacitors are certainly not good ! but resistors Am not sure !! as I've rarely or never come across such a type !

Mil grade are defiantly good choice but will cost a bomb ! so unless very very particular don't bother !

THE BEST resistors in the world are from a company called "KIMAWE" again shit expensive ! next is "HALCO" same to same ! next is "VISHAY-DALE" ! Both Kimawe and Halco come with .1% tolerance where as the Vishay one is 1%.

As with sourcing them in India ! try RS as said by Shuhas ! or better order online from partsexpress or others !

RS

Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back