Iphone 3GS from Duabi

Anil Sehrawat

One of my friend is traveling to Dubai , i want to ask him to buy a Iphone 3Gs 16Gb from there but before that i have few questions that i need to get out of my mind.

1) will it be cheaper to buy from there than India
2)can we unlock Iphone 3Gs by themselves or we have to get it done from Guffar market and what will be the cost of unlocking it.

Thanks in advance for your support.

do you wanna use ur brains so much for a phone which has been in the market for long
i think its better to buy in india. it should not be costing more then 15-18k
infact 4g is now available for around 26k
and yes it can be unlocked. not a great effort there just some tech idea

do you wanna use ur brains so much for a phone which has been in the market for long
i think its better to buy in india. it should not be costing more then 15-18k
infact 4g is now available for around 26k
and yes it can be unlocked. not a great effort there just some tech idea

i am not sure from where did you get these prices,AFAIK Iphone 3G is still above 25K in Delhi

Last edited:
Who is giving iphone 3GS at 15-18K in India..??

I guess it's still more than 25K...

i have been using 3g since past 2 years and dont find any diff at all.
if you talk about IOS, baseband an other stuff i am using the same update ones that 3GS users are using.
rest the choice is with you
and if you ready to spend 25k then why not buy 4g 16gb for 26k odds
suggestion

i have been using 3g since past 2 years and dont find any diff at all.
if you talk about IOS, baseband an other stuff i am using the same update ones that 3GS users are using.
rest the choice is with you
and if you ready to spend 25k then why not buy 4g 16gb for 26k odds
suggestion

i phone 4g 16 gb will cost above 30K and i was told that Iphone 3Gs 16Gb price in Dubai is arnd 22 K INR and for 8 Gb its some where arnd 18K, so that why i just want to check

You are going to spend 22K on a 2009 phone and then go through the trouble of unlocking and jail breaking, playing cat and mouse with Apple every time they issue a firmware update?

You can get newer and much better Android phones for the same price.

Dude here in mumbai 4g is costing around 26k. Try ebay too. Does not make sense in putting so much money for this old a model

Hi Anil,

I think in Dubai you'd be able to get a factory unlocked phone. Which is extremely worth it to be able to update as and when Apple releases updates. Jailbreaking is not that hard, I went from no knowledge to jailbreaking my iPhone on my own in 3 days flat.

Hi Denzong,

Those prices are really mouthwatering! Where is it available in Mumbai? Cos on eBay I've generally seen much much higher prices. Second hand 3GS phones go for bout 22-25K, the 32 GB models.

regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back