iPhone 4S : Headset Suggestion Needed @ <5k Budget

Sriram88

Hi Guyz,

Could some one please suggest me a good headset for my iPhone 4S, OEM Headset provided with ma iPhone 4s is not up to the mark and I prefer an alternative fulfilling the following needs,

1. Decent Music Quality, with Audio Controls
2. Good Microphone clarity for Voice Calls even from Noisy Env (Apple Headset is worst on this regard)
3. Budget limited to 5000 INR

Going through multiple threads, shortlisted sennheiser MM30I and Klipsch Image S4i, which is the better pick and suggest even if there are any other better options in this price range.

Appreciate your assistance, Thanks! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Since you are in Chennai else I'd have suggested you to visit Nehru Place market in Delhi last months i found a very decent Japanese gadgets accessories shop and they had a class of headphones at very cost effective price. Now particularly for your concern i would suggest you to step out in any well known electronic store like in any Shopping Mall or so. And secondly you can search for the same on online retail portals.

Hi Sriram,

Around Rs 5000 I would surely recommend Klipsch S4I. I was using it with 3GS for around 4 years before the wire snapped (caused mainly due to "somebody" not following instructions about storage)

Its absolutely fantastic and worth every penny. The sound signature is relatively neutral but leaning towards mids & highs, has nice, punchy & fast paced bass when used with correct sized buds (ensuring proper sealing). The sound signature was not exactly matching my requirements (i prefer warm sound) but never faced troubles listening to any genre of music including rock, pop, hip-hop, Gazals, typical bollywood. Noise isolation is super, in fact its scary wearing it on roads :) The headphone is bit unforgiving / transparent in terms of revealing the source, u can easilly make out a low bit rate MP3 to 320 KBPS or FLACs.

Never faced any issue in calls, also other person on call never complained about low voice etc. Mic is pretty intelligent to pick callers voice and reduce ambient noise.

Only downside is the cable, its pretty thin so you have to be bit careful. Also excessive use of play button is not advisable. Mine went kaput 2.5 years. Although volume buttons still operate well.

I saw its available in iStores these days.

Overall a pretty worthwhile buy !

If you can forego the audio controls, try vsonic gr07.

gr07 will over shoot his budget crazily though i must admit.. real amazing IEM's

for the price S4i is what you can get best. s4 is without MIC. s4i will work like your OEM earphones.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back