iPhone Stops Charging After a Few Seconds

xewecan

Hey everyone,

I've been facing a perplexing issue with my iPhone recently, and I'm hoping someone here might have some insights.

It seems that whenever I plug in my iPhone for charging, it stops charging after just a few seconds. I've tried different charging cables and adapters,

but the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, were you able to find a solution?

I've already checked for lint in the charging port and tried a hard reset, but no luck.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using it's original cable and a non Android mobile charging adaptor?

MaSh

Hi,
I would suggest you to try cleaning the charging port slot. You can use the sim tray opening pin.
The port area accumulates a lot of dust from our pockets over time. Try removing the dust and charge it with existing cables, before buying new cables or taking to Apple service.

Hi,
I would suggest you to try cleaning the charging port slot. You can use the sim tray opening pin.
The port area accumulates a lot of dust from our pockets over time. Try removing the dust and charge it with existing cables, before buying new cables or taking to Apple service.
Yes. Please check if the cable goes all the way into the port. If not, there’s something inside the port blocking the lightning connector not to go all the way inside. Once you clean it, the phone will work. I have had similar experience with iphone 7 and I thought it was the cable and bought a new one. It didn’t work until I cleaned the port.

Hey everyone,

I've been facing a perplexing issue with my iPhone recently, and I'm hoping someone here might have some insights.

It seems that whenever I plug in my iPhone for charging, it stops charging after just a few seconds. I've tried different charging cables and adapters,

but the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, were you able to find a solution?

I've already checked for lint in the charging port and tried a hard reset, but no luck.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Some times its happen with iphone for the battery uses if the battery cycle below 80% then some iphone may not full charge (time to replace the battery), stop during the operation.
another sign is temperature, iphone battery very sensitive if the temperature goes very up or down the iphone may not full charge stop at 80% or below. I am facing this problem during this year march april. and after this its automatically solved..
Also as other member say the charging port dust also sign of this problem, clean the port..

Some times its happen with iphone for the battery uses if the battery cycle below 80% then some iphone may not full charge (time to replace the battery), stop during the operation.
another sign is temperature, iphone battery very sensitive if the temperature goes very up or down the iphone may not full charge stop at 80% or below. I am facing this problem during this year march april read more at
techchatter.ph. and after this its automatically solved..
Also as other member say the charging port dust also sign of this problem, clean the port..
thank you so much for your suggestion

If problem persists with different cables and changers then it is:
- either battery or
- some hardware fault
I had the same problem. Assumed it was the battery and got the battery changed.
Later it was diagnosed as a hardware fault - rare but it happens.
Good luck.

clean the port using rubbing alcohol and earbuds. I had a problem where charging happened sometime and not sometimes; the service centre guy just cleaned the port and cable and voila is started charging again

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back