IPL and Cricket World cup 2023 - 4k

gowmara

As 4K tv is in market for a decade, any possibility of getting 4K IPL and Cricket World cup 2023 in Star Sports this year?

Anyone getting 4K over streaming on JioCinema?
Or is it device restricted/only for Cable?
EDIT: Found this. It is a separate tab for 4K. But not finding the Dolby Atmos option. :(

Last edited:
Anyone getting 4K over streaming on JioCinema?
Or is it device restricted/only for Cable?
EDIT: Found this. It is a separate tab for 4K. But not finding the Dolby Atmos option. :(
Bumping this. Apologies.
But if anyone finds a fix for Dolby option on native Jio Cinema app on Google TV, kindly drop a line.
I really wanna see how the cricket experience is with Atmos.

Also, for now, it seems clear that the broadcast is still just 25 fps.

I think for now, Amazon still rules with its 50 fps 1080p (or 2K?) broadcast of cricket in NZ.

Regards

Jio cinema app on shield- denon 3500 - Epson full HD projector
I am getting Atmos without any changes.
Atmos or not the relay quality has been fantastic so far ( wayyyyyy better than the crap that hotstar was relaying)
Plus additional camera angles, good job overall by jio so far

Same for me, I have shield Pro paired with Denon. Its native jio cinema app installed on Shield Pro. There is an option on Top right to change Audio, Commentary and Video with option to switch to Asli 4K and Dolby Atmos.

Jio cinema on LG web OS is crap,even on fastest internet it never plays without buffer
I am also not lg web os. Don't see buffering but on panning shots such as ball going to stands, there is some jittery frames. Otherwise the picture quality is awesome.

MaSh

Lot of pixalation in jio asli 4k especially in closeup shots. Sometimes it is very good and sometime so and so. However, much better than hotstar. I liked the stereo sound much better than the atmos. So next IPL prepare to pay a hefty amount to watch in 4K if jio is going to monopolies the sports broadcast in India.

Mens Cricket Worldcup 2023 will be on Disney Hotstar. It might be 4k on their Premium Plan.

Disney+ Hotstar Plan Details​

Currently, Disney+ Hotstar offers different plans for its customers. These are the following:

• Disney+ Hotstar Super: The plan comes with a price tag of Rs 899 per year and offers all the content on the platform for free. One can watch it on two devices simultaneously with Full HD quality.
  • Disney+ Hotstar Premium Monthly: The subscription is offered for Rs 299 per month. With this, one can watch all the content in 4K video quality on four devices.
  • Disney+ Hotstar Premium Yearly: Lastly, we have a yearly subscription to Premium, which is priced at Rs 1,499 per year. You get the same benefits of a Premium monthly subscription with this one. This means you can watch all the content, including Disney, movies, series, and more on the platform in 4K resolution. Moreover, one can watch it on four different devices at the same time.
Source: https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/d...-cup-icc-mens-cricket-world-cup-mobile-users/

MaSh

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back