iPod 5.5 gen hard drive failure

newmem2

I have a iPod 5.5 gen which is not working now due to hard drive failure..I like this iPod because of the excellent sound quality..Is it possible to add SD card instead of hard drive?Has someone faced this problem and how to repair this?Any service centers?I am in Chennai.

I have a iPod 5.5 gen which is not working now due to hard drive failure..I like this iPod because of the excellent sound quality..Is it possible to add SD card instead of hard drive?Has someone faced this problem and how to repair this?Any service centers?I am in Chennai.
Get information from " Google "

What does repairing a hard drive mean at all?

If your iPod has seen regular use and considering the age of an iPod 5.5, the hard drive is bound to fail. Your options are two - replace the hard drive with another and see this happening again in a few years or earlier. Or get ahead and turn your iPod into a hybrid.

The hard disk can be stripped out and replaced with an adapter board which takes micro SD cards. My 7th gen iPod 160gb saw five hours of continuous every day use over 10 years and then the hard drive failed. I replaced it with an IFlash adapter with a Quad microSD card adapter. And I shoved in 256 gb cards in all four drives and now I have a One TB iPod.

Cannot repair ipods hard drive.Only replacing the drive.
Flash adapter with a Quad microSD card adapter or Dual ...it depends on how much you're willing to spend.This flash method lasts very long without any failures.:)
shaik

Hello Shaik

Could you please elaborate on how the replacement is done?

Thanks in advance
Issac

I replaced a faulty hard drive many years ago. There are quite a few videos variable on YouTube.
But if you are looking for SD or mSD cards then you can try iflash card available here.

Edit- Do also try rockbox.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back