IR repeaters

sidvee

Dear Esteemed Members,
I am helping a close relative of mine build a fairly high end HT. Part of the design consists of hidden components in a shelf/room outside of the HT with nice wooden doors. To be able to remote control the components I want to install IR repeaters. For example:
Amazon.com: IR Repeater System - Hidden IR Control System for Home Theater: Electronics
Are these available in India? If so where and from whom? Thanks kindly in advance.
Cheers,
Sid

Sidvee, these are custom made by a installer friend of mine in Chennai. I can get them for you if you are keen.

Tell me how many devices you need to control, and I will get the prices.

Cheers

Sidvee, these are custom made by a installer friend of mine in Chennai. I can get them for you if you are keen.

Tell me how many devices you need to control, and I will get the prices.

Cheers

Venkat - So very kind of you - thanks a lot! I will need to control 4 devices.
Cheers,
Sid

Sidvee, 4 devices can be controlled by a single IR repeater. The installer is asking for Rs.3K. If you are interested, send me your name and address, and I will get it dispatched to you.

Cheers

Another option is to use an RF remote, like Logitech Harmony or OneforAll. These come with dual signals, IR and RF, and can have an RF to IR emitter in another room. The advantage with this is, you don't have to run a wire/cable from main room to where the cabinet is. With IR repeater, you need to have the IR receiver in the main room and its hardwired to emitters in the other room.

If you want IR repeaters, you can also look at monoprice. They have one for $15. Offcourse, buying local has advantages in case you run into any problem with these.
Edit: Found the name. Google Wireless IR extenders.

Last edited:
Sidvee, 4 devices can be controlled by a single IR repeater. The installer is asking for Rs.3K. If you are interested, send me your name and address, and I will get it dispatched to you.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat - I have sent you a pm.
Cheers,
Sridhar

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back