is 4k upscaling market gimmick?

The demo DVDs in the showroom contain very bright and colorful objects like Balloons, cars, etc. But it's not a parameter to judge a TV. Old school photographers use a thumb rule. They judge a picture from the skin color (Technically called skin tone) of human beings. Then see how closely it resembles to that of a real human being. The same is applicable while judging a TV too. Earlier plasma TVs were a much better choice when you take this point into account. Even after doing lots of RGB and other setting changes I cannot go nowhere near to a real skin tone in my HD LED TV. I have never auditioned a 4K TV seriously. So consider this point if you feel it's criteria. Best of luck.
I always set my TV parameters ( brightness, contrast, colour and hue) to match classic skin tone. Nothing else matters to me. I like a very natural presentation on the screen. My family hates to watch TV with me as they like it more vivid with added spice. Its all personal choice - nothing right or wrong.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back