Is Apple TV 4K needed for Sony OLED TV

Anybody out there using Apple TV with Sony OLED? Does it enhance the already good PQ or is redundant and not required?
I’m using an Apple TV with my Sony 65 A1Oled , I use it with my AirPods Max for night viewing in Dolby Atmos (Netflix, hotstar, prime) or other Spatial Audio. The picture quality is top notch. I use infuse player for my library playback.

I have Apple TV 4K and connected to LG G1 . One advantage with this combination is to share audio with multiple earphones (in my case TWO AirPod Pro) and could enjoy movies in late evenings (as my HT is in living room ) . The spatial sound in airpod gives you a good experience (though it is not comparable with HT systems with a subwoofer)

So I got ATV and this is what I have observed.
I am getting a blurred picture for say about 5 sec, before the pic gets clear. It is like it's still buffering in low res and takes a few sec to get a clear/high res pic.
First I thought it was my not so good hdmi cable. So I bought this expensive belkin hdmi cable(Belkin Ultra HD High Speed HDMI ® Cable, Supports 8K and 4K, HDMI 2.1 Certified, Dolby Vision) costing 4k.
Still experiencing the same issue. It was not an issue with my internet(Jiofiber 150mbps) as I checked without ATV and everything works fine on Google TV running on my Sony Oled.
Next I called Apple care and got the Apple TV box replaced. I got the new ATV box and still facing the same issue.

Am I missing something here?

So I got ATV and this is what I have observed.
I am getting a blurred picture for say about 5 sec, before the pic gets clear. It is like it's still buffering in low res and takes a few sec to get a clear/high res pic.
First I thought it was my not so good hdmi cable. So I bought this expensive belkin hdmi cable(Belkin Ultra HD High Speed HDMI ® Cable, Supports 8K and 4K, HDMI 2.1 Certified, Dolby Vision) costing 4k.
Still experiencing the same issue. It was not an issue with my internet(Jiofiber 150mbps) as I checked without ATV and everything works fine on Google TV running on my Sony Oled.
Next I called Apple care and got the Apple TV box replaced. I got the new ATV box and still facing the same issue.

Am I missing something here?
Try different HDMI port. Highly unlikely that both devices were faulty but chances are there can’t rule out. You can also take the Apple TV to your friends place or Sony showroom and test in another Oled tv. Best way to rule out issues with HDMI board.

I was in the same boat and decided to use the built in apps in my LG G2. The picture quality looks great on all except for hotstar.

Maybe if i get hold of a device I'll do a comparison and get one only if the difference justifies the price.

MaSh

Try different HDMI port. Highly unlikely that both devices were faulty but chances are there can’t rule out. You can also take the Apple TV to your friends place or Sony showroom and test in another Oled tv. Best way to rule out issues with HDMI board.
Already tried with different hdmi port...same issue.

I think It is not issue with the ATV or HDMI cable, same behavior with my ATV as well. Takes initial seconds to keep the screen quality as per the internet bandwidth.

Guys i got my Denon 4700 receiver and trying to connect Apple TV 4k box through it. Please help me know how to make it work with AV Receiver. I have tried connecting ATV to HDMI out on my Denon reciever. Is it the how it should be connected?
As of now, I have connected AV Receiver through hdmi eARC port on receiver to Sony TV eARC port.

Guys i got my Denon 4700 receiver and trying to connect Apple TV 4k box through it. Please help me know how to make it work with AV Receiver. I have tried connecting ATV to HDMI out on my Denon reciever. Is it the how it should be connected?
As of now, I have connected AV Receiver through hdmi eARC port on receiver to Sony TV eARC port.
Connect it to one of the input HDMI slots on the AVR, labled media player etc

Connect to hdmi port where it mentioned 8k. Iam using ATV 2021 from its launch but not faced any issue.

Are the HDMI cables not backward compatible? If compatible, 8k cable can be used to connect ATV to a 4k port, I guess?
I am using belkin ultrahd cable to connect apple TV to avr and Iam connecting it to hdmi port which is mentioned as 8k in av receiver.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back