Is buying a display piece a good idea

brandy80

A good electronics chain is offering me a Samsung LA40C630 display piece at a significant discount to market price (~30%). Salesman says its been on display for about a month. It is advisable to go for it? What are the things I should check before going for it?

the only issue with a display piece is that since its used its lifespan will decrease. now a days generally lifespan of an lcd is 30000 - 60000 hours. after 30000 hours you may find decrease in pic quality. if its been used for a month @ 10 hours per day that 300 hours. even 3 months (since you cant really trust a salesman) thats 900 hours or 3% of 30000 hours. for that you are getting a 30% discount. as long as it comes with a warranty as a normal tv and no damages i think its a decent buy

30% discount is not a great discount for discontinued models. Infact I was getting more than 40% discount on current model (46C750) with 3D bundle offer (costing 90k against MRP or 1.29L with 3D goodies worth more than 50K). And that was all fresh peace so you just need to get the best pricing.

you also need to make sure youre getting 30% off on the best price they can offer and not on mrp

Check with other stores on best bargain price and try get 30 or 40% on it. Also check the warranty includes replacement incase of any issue.

A display piece is as good as buying a used one.Unlike home settings the displays pieces are usually set to demo mode where the backlight is at its peak settings or close to it.
There is always a huge difference in samsung MRP vs street price so a 20% discount may not be a good deal after all considering its still a second hand.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back