Is Car Coating worth doing?

Vivek Batra

Hi FMs

Seek your help on a off audio topic this time. I got the delivery of my new Creta 2 days ago and the dealer asked if I want to go for the protective coating then its the time now. My question is, is it worth getting any kind of coating done?

The package that dealer has offered is for 18K for 3 years e.g. 1 coat every year. I do not have much knowledge about all this. I have heard about 3M though that they are pretty renowned for this kind of stuff.

Please advice whether one should go for it or not, if so then any particular type of coating or a reasonably priced.

Thanks
Vivek

Hi FMs

Seek your help on a off audio topic this time. I got the delivery of my new Creta 2 days ago and the dealer asked if I want to go for the protective coating then its the time now. My question is, is it worth getting any kind of coating done?

The package that dealer has offered is for 18K for 3 years e.g. 1 coat every year. I do not have much knowledge about all this. I have heard about 3M though that they are pretty renowned for this kind of stuff.

Please advice whether one should go for it or not, if so then any particular type of coating or a reasonably priced.

Thanks
Vivek
Don’t do it at the dealers places. New cars may have some swirl marks or some imperfections with shine which detailing will correct. For detailing always do it at some well know garage like 3m etc and not at the car dealer.

+1 to @Love4sound

Car coatings are definitely worth it, your car will look like new for a long time. They help in keeping paint protected from stone chips, bird poop and what not.
But get it done from outside dealer and reputable guys who know their stuff.

Hi FMs

Thanks
Vivek
Congratulations on your new acquisition Vivek, you may see many informative threads on Team BHP. There are many varied views on types of coatings available.
Congratulations once again.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back