Is it worth installing rooftop solar panels in Bangalore without government subsidy?

No.. we have a 220/66KV line next to our house..so they asked the transmission company to give clearance...just time pass pushing files from one table to another..this is par for India.. and we want to be vishwaguru and get manufacturing from china.......etc

No.. we have a 220/66KV line next to our house..so they asked the transmission company to give clearance...just time pass pushing files from one table to another..this is par for India.. and we want to be vishwaguru and get manufacturing from china.......etc
I just made the local MLA's PA call the AE and the next day birectional meter was set and meter started working. You can try something like that

yeah..thats what I plan to do..thought of meeting the MD of the discom...Just waiting till this weekend..or else it will be either the MD of the discom or my local BJP and Cong candidates...given its election time here

yeah..thats what I plan to do..thought of meeting the MD of the discom...Just waiting till this weekend..or else it will be either the MD of the discom or my local BJP and Cong candidates...given its election time here
The bidirectional meter is at times given to those who pay a special price aka bribe and the AE even charges 25k for the gadget up and above telecom(discom) charges. The ones commissioned after us can also get it done before us and we will be told no stock. Each couple of months it saves me 14k and so the first couple of months of delay (45 days exactly), it was a loss to me and i keep cursing myself for not swiftly applying political duress/pressure against the EB officers in charge. And the local MLA's PA's call did it in a jiffy. So my 45 days of inaction could easily have been 180 days. We have to get into action or they don't do their jobs.

Yes you are right...Just that since my case was a special one due to a high capacity power line next to my house...waited a bit. This weekend is the last deadline. Also on the bidirectional meter...not sure if its the same as what we call as net meter...if so, i did check with my vendor and he didnt indicate any shortage and he said typically they pay 1-2k bribe to discom folks. So maybe Bangalore is a bit better that way. However till the whole process is complete, wouldn't know my total expenses.

Yes you are right...Just that since my case was a special one due to a high capacity power line next to my house...waited a bit. This weekend is the last deadline. Also on the bidirectional meter...not sure if its the same as what we call as net meter...if so, i did check with my vendor and he didnt indicate any shortage and he said typically they pay 1-2k bribe to discom folks. So maybe Bangalore is a bit better that way. However till the whole process is complete, wouldn't know my total expenses.

imo you should have gone to court or atleast consulted a lawyer

I just dont see the connection of how the high tension lines would be a challenge

Net meter is a term but the actual meter that will be installed is a bidirectional meter. This has two readings - import (the grid consumption) and export (the generated power from your solar DC panels converted to AC by the inverter and passing to your bidirectional meter. The nett (import minus export) is your amount to be paid however they charge you in addition something called net charges. Net charges is say you have generated 1000 units you will be charged a constant rate per unit say Rs.1.27/unit for net feed in. if you have opted for net metering they would charge you only 20% of this 1.27 which is 25 paise per unit. Thats Rs.250 extra. With net feed in, you pay for the grid consumption(import tariff) separately and you get paid for the exported units minus Rs.1.27 aka the nett charges. In TN this translates to Rs.3.61 minus 1.27 per unit or 2.44 rs per unit. For those in TN with just 300 or 400 units in 2 months consumption might stand benefitted with net feed in. But for those with a huge consumption, net metering makes sense due to higher slabs exceeding 1000 units.

imo you should have gone to court or atleast consulted a lawyer

I just dont see the connection of how the high tension lines would be a challenge
They have an area tension capacity limit for ongrid. Its a red tape they can use to prolong the approval. As this is grid connected and the load is passed on to the transformer from your generated solar. Which is why in ongrid solar your solar stops functioning if there is a power cut. As it could be due to maintanance and the worker would still get a shock due to your power generation. Taking them to court will not work in this regard as safety will be used as a plea and you cant prove their load capacity limit or handling power thereof.

As per Karnataka Power Transmission Company - there has to be a 12 feet horizontal distance between my structure and the wire. So my discom told my transmission company to do a measurement to confirm., reason being many folks have died recently going near the wire - like flying kites or trying to harvest coconuts...etc. and the police call the transmission folks although its the fault of the house owners as house owners have constructed below the wire. Like in my case, the transmission cable has been laid more than 60 years back and is 220V.

Although in our house we have left 1000 sft of our 2000 sft plot due the cable running over it...there is one spot where the wire directly goes above a temporary steel beam, glass and mangalore tile structure I constructed which acts has my HT room.

So my discom is still waiting for the transmission company report - so there is a possibility structure may be 1-2 feet less than the recommended distance. I am waiting for the report to be made public so that I can reduce the height.

Either which way the discom folks give power to illegal and unauthorized constructions...Just doing some drama in my case since I had spoken to their GM and Chief Engineer..etc. Tomorrow will speak to them again.

PXL_20230215_132109886.MP.jpg

These are the usual excuses they give to extract more bribes. Oh, your shoe size is 8. It should be 8.75 so we cant process it! 5 brand new Rs.2000 notes will change the equation to Solar is helping the transformer and you might even be the unsung hero in your locality with media coverage.

Considering solar in Bangalore, but skeptical due to high upfront cost and extended payback period. Seeking insights from those who have calculated ROI and experiences with Bescom. Also, looking for an Excel-based calculator for comprehensive analysis. Concerned about high electricity consumption; seeking advice on potential energy leaks in a 35-year-old house.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back