Is Pioneer reentering Indian market coming August?

Donivlapog

Many audio enthusiasts are claiming so. If so would existing Denon and Marantz AVRs and IAs come down in price?

Hopefully earlier than August - after Klipsch bought Onkyo and Pioneer last year, they are already back in the US and Europe. And Onkyo is apparently back in India next month

I heard Onkyo is coming back with a big re entry to Indian Market.

This is whats gonna be marketed a lot

Hopefully Denon & Marantz lower their prices a bit which will help!

Last edited:
Before I started reading the Audio forums, I had a craze on the Onkyo brand and planned to buy a HT package from Onkyo. But, later from couple of my friends I heard the consistent HDMI board issue of Onkyo and decided to stay away from that. After reading from various HT forums, even other brands suffer similar problem.. Not sure if re-entry of Onkyo with feedback taken from field.

Before I started reading the Audio forums, I had a craze on the Onkyo brand and planned to buy a HT package from Onkyo. But, later from couple of my friends I heard the consistent HDMI board issue of Onkyo and decided to stay away from that. After reading from various HT forums, even other brands suffer similar problem.. Not sure if re-entry of Onkyo with feedback taken from field.
The model i shared will cost 160k.....possible less 10%

From specs and current prices, it is more or less a 3700 competitor...

+1 it is around Denon 3700 or Marantz 6015 competitor.

One thing I liked about the Onkyo is that they come with Dirac now, but the display on the unit looks out of place to me. Maybe it is just me.

Here is a video review on the same:

Ap
Again, onkyos measure consistently worse in all ASR reviews. Don’t know if it’s audibly bad or not. I had onkyos in the past and every time they were quite enjoyable.
From specs and current prices, it is more or less a 3700 competitor...
Not from measurements

It would be really great if they bring pioneer AVR's to Indian market soon.

I have used Pioneer AVRs in the past and honestly its their high end models (ELITE / SC series) which works really well and has good punch. Somehow I found the lower models lacking this.....

Ap

Again, onkyos measure consistently worse in all ASR reviews. Don’t know if it’s audibly bad or not. I had onkyos in the past and every time they were quite enjoyable.

Not from measurements
This was post by @selvaa_pr I am a hard core Marantz user for the past 9 years after all the Yamahas, Harmans, Pioneer, Cambridge etc. My friend had Onkyo and stereo amps are still good with good muscle.

I have used Pioneer AVRs in the past and honestly its their high end models (ELITE / SC series) which works really well and has good punch. Somehow I found the lower models lacking this.....
You are right all they have launched now is only Elite Series in pioneer, for lower model they have only in Onkyo, they are playing safe :)

Back