Is the video quality for watching HD files good thru HDMI or USB?

siddh

Let's say I play a HD file thru an external Media player with HDMI output and the same HD file connected to a TV's USB drive with the inbuilt/onboard TV media player. Will the quality be the same? I will connect a external HDD to the TV's USB having HD file.

Please Reply,

Thanks
Sid.

Let's say I play a HD file thru an external Media player with HDMI output and the same HD file connected to a TV's USB drive with the inbuilt/onboard TV media player. Will the quality be the same? I will connect a external HDD to the TV's USB having HD file.

Please Reply,

Thanks
Sid.

i don't think any TV media player software can match the quality of an external BD player/media player/PC
Also if the TV supports USB 2.0, only then you can connect a external HDD with NTFS to play mkv/mp4 files with sizes of 4-8GB on it, that is if your TV media player supports that..
So IMO the feature of Media Player on TV is good only if you do not plan to connect any external player, but if you do then the external player would always perform better..

I think the comparison is a bit ambiguous here. Both ways include USB, its just that when we connect, a HDD directly to TV we are omitting the use of an HDMI. Does this mean HDD connected to TV would be better ..... not necessarily. It entirely depends on the player capability (external like WD TV or internal present in the TV itself). Dedicated player obviously would have much more processing power than the internal player present in the TV itself. Though for some casual DivX DVD rips it should be more than sufficient.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back