Is there any streamer which supports Dolby Vision EL Layer (Full Dolby Vision 12bit color)

Vyktrii

How can I take advtange of full BL+EL+RPU layer of DV files, even Apple TV and Shield play only the BL+RPU layer and discard the EL layer, afaik only Bluray Players can take advantage of the EL layer but im curious if there is any other way ?

How can I take advtange of full BL+EL+RPU layer of DV files, even Apple TV and Shield play only the BL+RPU layer and discard the EL layer, afaik only Bluray Players can take advantage of the EL layer but im curious if there is any other way ?
Iam not sure, but Zidoo has different models that do different things. Have you checked them by any chance.

Yeah, Zidoo also only plays BL+RPU layer and ignores enhancement layer
Oops okay... I thought the newer models from the UHD 3000 onwards could play, as it supposedly supports native multi channel DSD over hdmi. So with that kind of bandwidth, assumed it might output the enhancement layer too. But I didnt actually check. It was just a shot in the dark to save me some research time 🤣

Oops okay... I thought the newer models from the UHD 3000 onwards could play, as it supposedly supports native multi channel DSD over hdmi. So with that kind of bandwidth, assumed it might output the enhancement layer too. But I didnt actually check. It was just a shot in the dark to save me some research time 🤣
Yeah, as i researched a bit more, i realized that EL(Enhancement Layer) layer if its integrated in BL (Base layer) or is a seperate video stream, requires a seperate video decoder to play, only bluray players have 2 HEVC decoders, thus are able to play it, all other Devices only have a single HEVC decoder.

Hope some brand relased a streaming device with dual HEVC decoders and hopefully AV1 support for youtube and netflix

Yeah, as i researched a bit more, i realized that EL(Enhancement Layer) layer if its integrated in BL (Base layer) or is a seperate video stream, requires a seperate video decoder to play, only bluray players have 2 HEVC decoders, thus are able to play it, all other Devices only have a single HEVC decoder.

Hope some brand relased a streaming device with dual HEVC decoders and hopefully AV1 support for youtube and netflix
Thanks for sharing your above findings. Will be helpful :)

Latest gen rtx 40 cards and amd 79xx cards also support dual decoders. So building an htpc is one option.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back