Is white lustre paint ok for projector wall

amit11

Hi friends,

Before painting i used to watch on the normal white wall provided by the builder. Of course that would be normal paint. But the projection was very good on it.

Now i have done first coat of white lustre paint. I observed that there is some shine on the wall when watching projector. So i am confused whether lustre is ok or not. It is asian paint lustre.

Hi friends,

Before painting i used to watch on the normal white wall provided by the builder. Of course that would be normal paint. But the projection was very good on it.

Now i have done first coat of white lustre paint. I observed that there is some shine on the wall when watching projector. So i am confused whether lustre is ok or not. It is asian paint lustre.

I project on a black wall. The colors are punchier and blacks are better. You will lose a bit of brightness as black reflects less light. I suggest you try a grey shade it not black.

White walls are a no brainer if your room is pitch black with black walls and ceiling. I mean very less reflection.

All white room will reflect a lot of light back to the projection wall and the contrast will take a big hit. White ceiling being the biggest culprit.

Try a black cloth on the wall and see how does it look. At the end, choose what you like. That's all it matters.

If white wall worked perfectly, I doubt why halls have white cloth for screens. Some light has to be absorbed, else it is reflected. Try using gray or slightly off white and see the difference. As you are on your first coat, you still have room to maneuvre,

If white wall worked perfectly, I doubt why halls have white cloth for screens. Some light has to be absorbed, else it is reflected. Try using gray or slightly off white and see the difference. As you are on your first coat, you still have room to maneuvre,
2nd coat is pending.
I am less inclined in putting grey color as it will be visible all time.
Is there any non shine white color.. something matt finish?

Hi friends,

Some time back i was using the grey paint. please refer to my thread below. Now, i am using the screen.

Just use asian paints ceiling white colour you will be fine. Any kind of reflective paint will cause hotspotting in most conditions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back