Is your collection catalogued on Discogs?

There is a mobile app ? Silly me , I was still thinking how you guys were scanning the barcode lol. Giving it a go right away
Sorry to rain on your parade, but CDs also have the same thing about matrices. So the authenticity and/or value of your CD can also be ascertained from that.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but CDs also have the same thing about matrices. So the authenticity and/or value of your CD can also be ascertained from that.

Yup yup, what I meant is I have very few Vinyls in comparison and hence cataloging those were easier entering the barcodes manually. For CDs , was going to be a tedious process to do this and hence had resorted to excel, scanning via mobile app seems intuitive and will try doing that.

What are the benefits to a collector when his vinyl, CD collections are catalogued on discogs? Thanks.

What are the benefits to a collector when his vinyl, CD collections are catalogued on discogs? Thanks.
I mainly did so because after a few hundred, My memory was not able to track all the discs I had. I ended up buying the same disc twice, even thrice sometimes, and on other cases, did not buy something because i thought i already had it.
With this, when i was going through a record seller/shop, i was able to quickly check what I have already so that I didnt end up doing the same again. Though this can be done on excel, i find the app better because you get the thumbnails in the search result which makes going through the results easier. Plus excel search is pretty cumbersome on the phone.

I use a similar site for my other hobby - hot wheels

I mainly did so because after a few hundred, My memory was not able to track all the discs I had. I ended up buying the same disc twice, even thrice sometimes, and on other cases, did not buy something because i thought i already had it.
With this, when i was going through a record seller/shop, i was able to quickly check what I have already so that I didnt end up doing the same again. Though this can be done on excel, i find the app better because you get the thumbnails in the search result which makes going through the results easier. Plus excel search is pretty cumbersome on the phone.

I use a similar site for my other hobby - hot wheels
True, have ended up with double vinyls and multiple cds already. So a list (discogs or otherwise) is very beneficial in maintaining the same and also for CDs you have numerous labels releasing same cds so helps you classify it too.

Authenticity, valuation, tracking the versions (year, country), track inclusions, exclusions, alternate versions, original issues, reissues, anniversary issues, rarity, pressing and printing errors

Authenticity, valuation, tracking the versions (year, country), track inclusions, exclusions, alternate versions, original issues, reissues, anniversary issues, rarity, pressing and printing errors
Yes, this is the great support and make the collectors enthusiastic by Discogs. Thank you .

Forgot a couple of important points. You can add add a title or version of it to your "want" list, or "sell list" (need a PayPal account for that) and add it to your Spotify account from the mobile app version of Discogs so you can listen to your collection on the "go".

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back