IsoAcoustics GAIA III Review. HOLY SMOKES!!

kib_reddy

I have a pair of GoldenEar Triton 2+ with a Cayin KT88 tube amp, my Denon x3700h does pre-amp/DAC duties. I loved my setup the - tube sound is perfect without loosing too much detail. The bass was not as detailed as running diretly from the receiver's amplification. But the tube gives you a more 'solid' sound, more body and a smooth tone I cant go back from. To remidy the loss of definition in the bass, I purchased the IsoAcoustics GAIA III from Amazon for $400 (30K INR, 10% cost of my speakers), my sister got it from the US herself.

Hooked them up and tried to keep my expectations in check. I didn't need to because these things are INSANELY good. The bass tightened up, but I didnt even notice that at first. I was simply awestruck by the clarity, detail and most of all the imaging. The volume went up by about ~3 db which I was not expecting at all, used to listen at 70, not down to 65 on the receiver - I feel they benefit low level listening even more. The center imaging is so solid, its like I can reach out and touch the singer. I was very proud of my system before, now I feel like what the hell was I listening to. One thing I should note is that the smooth and refined tubes sound, which I loved, is almost gone. Its now so precise that even my solid state highly praised receiver amp was not this detailed. I think that fact that I used the speaker provided rubber feet (not the spikes as they are on wooden floor) made this even more of a big change for me. Its not a subtle change, its day and night. Its crazy that these dont come with the speakers.

In short, I am sorry to say, you dont know what your speakers can do without these. These are a MUST buy for all speakers over 1L. My only regret is that I didnt buy the GAIA IIs which was 50% more expensive.

Cheers.

Attachments

• GE.jpg
    GE.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 67
Back