Issue playing Dolby Vision formats.

When I open plex server it goes to the Ip address starting with 127.0.0.1 on my laptop. Firestick Ip address and one which I get in cmd is 192.168.1.x
Global Ip address when I googled -117.193. 32.xxx
Sorry I'm new to all these
If your Firestick and the Plex Server (Laptop) are connected to the same WiFi, just install the Plex App on the Firestick, and it will auto-discover the Plex Server.

When I open plex server it goes to the Ip address starting with 127.0.0.1 on my laptop. Firestick Ip address and one which I get in cmd is 192.168.1.x
Global Ip address when I googled -117.193. 32.xxx
Sorry I'm new to all these
127.0.0.1 is your localhost. That's basically a loopback IP address and will be the same for all machines. It's basically saying 'I'/'me' instead of my name in simpler terms.

192.168.1.x are your local IP addresses. Can you check the same for your laptop. Go to cmd and type ipconfig. There will be ethernet/Wifi stuff with output like this:
1627275892814.png

This means that my router has an IP of 192.168.0.1 (yours should have 192.168.1.1 or something like that) and my PC has a local IP of 192.168.0.100.

Also, please try getting the global IP address of your firestick. Try to open a browser in firestick and google 'my IP address' from that.

By decoded you mean transcoded right?

You can go in video stream and see the reason it's transcoding. For example, Android phones and boxes use ExoPlayer for decoding media and ExoPlayer currently doesn't fully support SSA/ASS subtitles which are usually used in Anime. Attaching a few screenshots which will help you pinpoint the issue.

In case a particular subtitle isn't supported by the device, Plex will need to burn that in.

Also you can go into Plex settings and see what the current subtitle rendering stuff is. The burn subtitle option should be set to auto rather than always.

It depends on device to device, but SRT and PGS subtitles should be supported by almost every player if your settings are correct. SSA/ASS (alpha based) subtitles are currently only supported in iOS and tvOS, but they currently have this project going for ExoPlayer on GitHub. So android should support SSA/ASS too soon.
Yeah, Transcoded, not decoded (I knew I was messing up that word :p)

I de-muxed the sub from the video file, placed a srt in the same folder and then cleared the metadata of the video file from the plex server. Post this, passthrough seems to be working fine even with subs attached.

But man, plex on C9 looked much better than the U79. Colors are not popping out enough but that's more on the TV than Plex.
Time to go back to my city and get the C9 out of the storage locker.

Yeah, Transcoded, not decoded (I knew I was messing up that word :p)

I de-muxed the sub from the video file, placed a srt in the same folder and then cleared the metadata of the video file from the plex server. Post this, passthrough seems to be working fine even with subs attached.

But man, plex on C9 looked much better than the U79. Colors are not popping out enough but that's more on the TV than Plex.
Time to go back to my city and get the C9 out of the storage locker.
PS5 Plex app isn't as good as the one on the C9/FireTV. It's way better than the one on the U79 VIDAA outdated stuff though.

I'd highly recommend getting a firestick 4k if you want to consume content (it's just 3300 currently: Fire stick 4k on amazon). The firestick 4k also supports framerate and resolution adjustment on Plex now, so Dolby Vision and everything else plays at the correct resolution and frame rate properly on the U79.

Inbuilt SRT/PGS subs should work fine with most Plex clients. It definitely works with my firestick 4k

PS5 Plex app isn't as good as the one on the C9/FireTV. It's way better than the one on the U79 VIDAA outdated stuff though.

I'd highly recommend getting a firestick 4k if you want to consume content (it's just 3300 currently: Fire stick 4k on amazon). The firestick 4k also supports framerate and resolution adjustment on Plex now, so Dolby Vision and everything else plays at the correct resolution and frame rate properly on the U79.

Inbuilt SRT/PGS subs should work fine with most Plex clients. It definitely works with my firestick 4k
One of the reasons I was holding off on the Firestick buy was because I noticed that they refreshed the remote on the other Firestick's. Was hoping for the same on the 4K variant as well but no luck yet.

My media consumption on the U79 is limited to just Plex for HDR rips for now and Firestick is a lil overkill. This is my bedroom TV and is mainly used for gaming.

Wow man thankyou so much. Just saw the huge discount. Thankyou bhai.

One of the reasons I was holding off on the Firestick buy was because I noticed that they refreshed the remote on the other Firestick's. Was hoping for the same on the 4K variant as well but no luck yet.

My media consumption on the U79 is limited to just Plex for HDR rips for now and Firestick is a lil overkill. This is my bedroom TV and is mainly used for gaming.
I prefer the older remote. Looks clean and doesn't have the ugly advertisement of Netflix/Prime/Amazon music. If I want to open those apps quickly, I can do so from home or just ask Alexa 'Open Netflix' and it will open in a second. I don't want ugly buttons on my remote to do that.

I mean, even I use firestick 4k 99% for Plex only. For 3300(after HDFC discount) it's well worth it just for Plex. Even image quality is significantly better on firestick as it handles colour spaces and HDR properly unlike Playstation. Also, firestick works with Atmos and Vision content perfectly as well and the apps are much higher quality.

Not to mention that the firestick 4k is the only device on which Prime Video app works well on (obviously)

I prefer the older remote. Looks clean and doesn't have the ugly advertisement of Netflix/Prime/Amazon music. If I want to open those apps quickly, I can do so from home or just ask Alexa 'Open Netflix' and it will open in a second. I don't want ugly buttons on my remote to do that.

I mean, even I use firestick 4k 99% for Plex only. For 3300(after HDFC discount) it's well worth it just for Plex. Even image quality is significantly better on firestick as it handles colour spaces and HDR properly unlike Playstation. Also, firestick works with Atmos and Vision content perfectly as well and the apps are much higher quality.

Not to mention that the firestick 4k is the only device on which Prime Video app works well on (obviously)
I ordered it already. Does it upscales?

I ordered it already. Does it upscales?
Not very well. If majority of your usecase is Plex/Prime, I'd advice setting it to auto framerate and resolution and let the TV upscale.

However, the auto resolution limits you to 1080p in YouTube and Netflix. So you'll have to switch to 4k60 before watching those.

Not very well. If majority of your usecase is Plex/Prime, I'd advice setting it to auto framerate and resolution and let the TV upscale.

However, the auto resolution limits you to 1080p in YouTube and Netflix. So you'll have to switch to 4k60 before watching those.
Luckily Amazon has 10 days return window, it's worth a try.

Does it have Apple Music and Tidal ?
Firestick 4k aka amazon app store on it? No it doesn't have those. Spotify, JioSavn, Amazon music, Gana are the ones here, apart from shitload of other apps.

Is there any way to cast your videos stored on your phone to your firetvstick like we do in Chromecast? I don't want screen mirroring. Plex used to work well for that aswell but it's too buggy now.

Is there any way to cast your videos stored on your phone to your firetvstick like we do in Chromecast? I don't want screen mirroring. Plex used to work well for that aswell but it's too buggy now.
I don't think there's such an option. You can copy paste to your network drive and then play it via VLC/Plex on firestick.

You can use a third party client to do it as well or create a DLNA/SMB share from your phone. But both of these are not seamless.

The best option is to have a common storage in your home which can be accessed over the network. That's what I do, and have it for my Plex library too. Putting anything on there will be accessible from VLC/Plex/file explorers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back