Issue with Subwoofer , powers on and works fine for 5 minutes and then turns off

fLUX

Hi,

I have a subwoofer which was a part of a package, it was working fine till last month and suddenly stopped working out of the blue.

If i turn it on after keeping it off for around 3-4 hours , it works for 5 minutes and automatically turns off. The green light also vanishes, if i turn it off from rear power switch it shows the red light so its not an issue of the button in itself. Any idea what might have gone wrong and is it possible to get it repaired at a nominal cost ?

The subwoofer in question here is a part of the Phase Cinemicro package sold by Onkyo Wonderland.

Did you try disabling "standby" function of Sub by setting the Power switch in "ON" instead of "Auto"?

Yup, did that but has no effect whatsoever. It works for a short duration of time and then goes off automatically and doesnt power on even if i turn the mains on/off.

For the 3-4 minutes that the sub is running if you play bass heavy tracks does the sub respond? It may be going to standby due to no LFE signal received. Can you eliminate any AVR settings like Pure Direct, Sub output level (channel level) too low, etc? You have 3 AVRs try with another one or switch ends / swap the subwoofer signal cable

@haisaikat - The sub does respond , i tried it with my Stereo Receiver(which has no settings) with speaker wire going to the high level signals to subwoofer. It played fine for sometime , then it turns off after a few minutes of playback.

The surprising thing is after that happens even if i turn the main power on and off it makes no difference. Need to wait for some time to turn it on , is there a possibility something is getting overheated internally causing power to shutdown ?

Hi,

I have a subwoofer which was a part of a package, it was working fine till last month and suddenly stopped working out of the blue.

If i turn it on after keeping it off for around 3-4 hours , it works for 5 minutes and automatically turns off. The green light also vanishes, if i turn it off from rear power switch it shows the red light so its not an issue of the button in itself. Any idea what might have gone wrong and is it possible to get it repaired at a nominal cost ?

The subwoofer in question here is a part of the Phase Cinemicro package sold by Onkyo Wonderland.
When it works, try to assess if it is working as good as it was without problem? Because this happens sometimes when driver is damaged, amplifier goes into protective mode.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back