Issue with Yamaha RX-V 485+NS-P41 combination.

What is the issue with the speakers apart from running them at a higher volume? Do they not sound good to you ?

From that list, I would pick the Polk 1600. Audition them at profx and take a call.

MaSh

Thank you for the reply @ajuvignesh .
Can you also please suggest me some recommendation so that I can look those in audition?
Others have given nice combinations. Also include pioneer’s Andrew jones series, if money is not a problem. Check if the subwoofer, yamaha sw-300 is available for audition. A forum member seem to suggest it and I guess it is quite nice ‘value for the money’ product.

What is the issue with the speakers apart from running them at a higher volume? Do they not sound good to you ?

From that list, I would pick the Polk 1600. Audition them at profx and take a call.

MaSh

Apart from volume, the bass seems to be flat.

Others have given nice combinations. Also include pioneer’s Andrew jones series, if money is not a problem. Check if the subwoofer, yamaha sw-300 is available for audition. A forum member seem to suggest it and I guess it is quite nice ‘value for the money’ product.
Sure, SW-300 seems to be nice one. I will check it.

Apart from volume, the bass seems to be flat.

Alright. Is the sub in a measured location? Placing the sub in the right spot makes a huge difference.

I would suggest give the setup some time to break in. Don't rush into changing it. All setups need tweaking and adjusting.

MaSh

Alright. Is the sub in a measured location? Placing the sub in the right spot makes a huge difference.

I would suggest give the setup some time to break in. Don't rush into changing it. All setups need tweaking and adjusting.

MaSh
Apologies for the delay in response. The purchase was through 10 days return window from Amazon. Hence I have returned it.

Since the price is less and the reviews are not good, I thought to purchase another good one.

Thank you all for the wonderful support given to me. This is an awesome forum.

Based on the replies here, I have thought to try below combination.

Taga Harmony 606SE+ Yamaha SW-300

Thank you very much for the advice @efernand1
These are the some options I am considering.

1. Taga Harmony 606SE speaker set + TSW200 subwoofer.
  2. Taga Harmony S90SL+C90SL+TSW 200
  3. Polk TL1600 speaker set
  4. Klipsch Theater Reference Pack - This is way overpricy, but I have seen it in ubuy for less price.
  5. JBL Cinema 610 - I can get it from a friend if want.

Since I am novice in this, I am not sure which one is best out of these. Also, I will be grateful if you could recommend some.
My budget is around 60k. Room size is 16*10. I would use it for both movies and music (50:50).
4. Klipsch Theater Reference Pack - This is way overpricy, but I have seen it in ubuy for less price.

ubuy will add more price at checkout i think they ship from USA

Back