Issues with Worldspace (Unsolicited calls & emails)

rydhun

Would like to share my recent experiences with Worldspace (email follows inline, read bottom up; some info masked). It's been more almost a month since I sent them this email, and I'm amazed that:
* The email was not even acknowledged
* Mail bounced back from all the other email IDs that were CCed.
* The reminder sent after 7 days was acknowledged with an auto-response kind of email.
* Meanwhile, the calls continued, apparently these calls are coming from a Bangalore-based company that WS has an outsourcing relationship with.
* I've called their official helpline (1860-425-0000) multiple times before & after sending the emails and they promise that the calls will stop
* In my last two telephonic interactions with the official helpline's supervisor (Vinay), I was given an assurance that I'll not get calls any more. When asked for the escalation channel, I was provided the same [email protected] email ID that I've already written to.

The way they are conducting business (using public email IDs, aggressive calling) is extremely suspect, so I would be wary of buying long subscriptions from them. Frankly, their system seems to be completely broken. Had there been alternatives to WS in India, I would've ditched them completely. But I love Music too much!

Any suggestions on how I can escalate this so that they do something about it? Anyone has any contacts at Worldspace? Any forums/press contacts where this could be reported?

Cheers!

-------

To: [email protected]
Subject: Worldspace
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:45:42 +0530

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to WorldSpace.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have taken note of your request and forwarded to the Renewal team,for their attention

If you require any assistance, please call us on call center number or feel free to write to us

Regards,
Customer Care Team
WorldSpace India Pvt. Ltd.
(Service Provider for WorldSpace International Network Inc.)
10/4, Mithra Towers, 2nd Floor, Kasturba Road, Bangalore-560 001.

We now have a single centralized call center number (1860 -425 -0000) which can be accessed from all phones between 9 AM and 8 PM.

------

Manik Grover <[email protected]>08/11/2009 03:44 PM

To
<[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
cc
<[email protected]>
Subject
RE: Unsolicited calls & emails from Worldspace India

Hi,

It has been one week since I sent this email, and I still haven't heard back from anyone at Worldspace. This is a reminder!!!

Thanks
Manik

------

To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Unsolicited calls & emails from Worldspace India
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:57:32 +0000

Hi,

I have been getting unsolicited phonecalls from Worldspace from the number 08042474500 since the last 1 month asking me to renew my subscription. Your representatives have been repeatedly calling me to inform me about an additional 2 months being provided if I renew my subscription. I have repeatedly being telling your representatives that my subscription doesn't expire until September, and I will renew close to the expiry date. Inspite of telling them this, I have been getting a phone call everyday from this number for the last 30+ days. I've escalated this to the supervisor available on the above number and he mentioned he's added my number to a Do not disturb list. The calls still continued. I then called up your customer care and reported this, they took a request and confirmed that they'll make sure I don't get called again. The calls still continue. Today, I got a call again from the same number and I have had enough.

I also got a renewal reminder email from Worldspace originating from the email address [email protected]. The email has the following signature: "Soujanya(World Space), Mob No : 97384NNNNN, Land Line No: 080 42474500, Visit at : www.worldspace.in". When I replied to the email, I got an auto-response with this text "thanks for writing to worldspace wiith your query, we will revert back within 24 hours, Happy Listening"

Could someone at Worldspace please answer the following:
1. What action are you going to take against your tele-calling company?
2. Do you even have a DoNotDisturb list?
3. Do you respect your subscribers' privacy?
4. Why are you using a gmail address for communicating with subscribers? What happened to your corporate email system? Do you acknowledge that by using a personal email address, you are posing a risk to the customer data that you hold?
5. Is the objective to piss off your customers so much that they swear not to renew? Never ever?

I wish to have this matter escalated to someone at Worldspace who has the authority to do something about this.

I will wait for 2 days for a response from Worldspace, failing which I would go ahead & publish this email to create awareness about how you're harassing your customers.

Thanks
Manik

Receiver ID: XYZXYX

P.S: Copying all the @Worldspace email IDs that I know of, in hope someone can do something about this.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back