J Play 5.1 - 2 Box on Win 8 with ULTRA Mode & Hibernate ON

Good Morning;

I just had J Play 5.2 installed - 2 days back.
Was doing some listening this morning;;

Those guys are 100 % doing some work - J Play i.e.
This is better !

Bhagwan the guys at the computeraudiohile.com forums are raving about Win 2012 server. Have you been reading up on that?

While Jplay has been widely accepted another trend is to optimize a Win2012 Server setup with a script package from Highend-AudioPC | AudiophileOptimizer This may be a worth a separate discussion however.

Bhagwan the guys at the computeraudiohile.com forums are raving about Win 2012 server. Have you been reading up on that?

While Jplay has been widely accepted another trend is to optimize a Win2012 Server setup with a script package from Highend-AudioPC | AudiophileOptimizer This may be a worth a separate discussion however.

Not at all Nikhil;
This place is good.

Yes, you are right about what Computer Audiophile states.

I have not done that.
I have a friend that is doing it in Bangalore with his External Power Supply PC etc.
It is still wip & we will know how it goes soon.

Thank you for the links & follow up - good to see people are still interested in this.
:clapping:

Thinking aloud: does a linear power supply exist for computers? Is it better than switched mode power supply?

Sir,
Technically speaking the answer is YES !
However, does it make a difference ? I do not have an answer to it;
This is all trial and error - we are in unexplored territory...;)

I have a friend that is doing it in Bangalore with his External Power Supply PC etc.
It is still wip & we will know how it goes soon.

I was talking about using AudioOptimizer scripts on the Audio PC (not sure if its needed on the Control PC) in a 2 PC Jplay setup. Phil from Highend-AudioPC has released a beta for Win 8 but the cutting edge is moving the entire OS to Win 2012 Server.

Some of the guys are saying just switching to Win 2012 is an upgrade by itself.

i think the win 2012 is priced at 500USD+

Yup. Expensive but I think you can do a trial for a 1 year period.
Needs Standard Edition so price in India is around the 50K mark.

Last edited:
Yup. Expensive but I think you can do a trial for a 1 year period.

I am sure my hardware vendor will have a way to get around that;;:eek:hyeah:
I just am not sure if I want to 'switch' at this point;
My set up is playing well & I am super happy - so maybe I will just wait.

Incidentally there is a 5.2 Alt Version too - mail has come.
I need to install & try that too.

But for now, let the 5.2 [normal] sink in - playing super - so am not sure if I want to 'tinker' around right now;;;

:cool:

jls001 said:
Thinking aloud: does a linear power supply exist for computers? Is it better than switched mode power supply?

To chip in my 2 cents .....

A computer linear supply does not exist as an easily available commercial product, but can be easily built by any one with a basic knowledge of Power Supply design. Absolutely no rocket science involved. It will be rather inefficient and bulky, putting out a lot of heat.

A fact not often ventilated is that Every Computer Motherboard has 15 to 20 SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply) on the motherboard, each feeding a local section on the motherboard, after locally generating a large amount of switching noise.

Fitting a linear power supply is like pumping pure water to the house but the internal house piping being dirty and corroded. The water that finally comes out of the tap will not be drinkable....... ( IMHO).

There is however another argument that slightly redeems a central Linear PSU.....

The Central Power Supply noise is Common Mode noise .... that will be eliminated by a Linear Power supply.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back