Jamo Concert Series (E770/E700) - How good?

raptor77

Am getting a good offer on a pair of Jamo E770 floorstanders and E700 + E7 Centre if I want to add them on for 5.1 audio. I have a Yamaha amp @ 85 wpc and a smallish room (about 150 sq ft) right now where the speakers will be.

- Does anyone have these speakers? Any feedback or issues to watch out for?
- I watch a lot of movies but not sure if the Jamos will make for good surrounds. Any advice?

I've auditioned them once and they sound great but need to do a couple of rounds more. But the problem is almost everything sounds good after my current sat speakers.

Appreciate any advice.

Which Yamaha AV receiver is it? The Jamo E7 series is fantastic and has very good sound so no problems there at all. Believe it is an EISA winner as well. But they are a slightly more difficult load than average (not much) so do tell us about your AVR. Anyway, great speakers if you can get them! Enjoy.

Jamo produces some very fine speakers. But the ones you are mentioning are not among the best. From what I know, E770/E700 are not from Concert Series. Concert Series is their C and D line.

When I audiotioned E series, I wasn't hugely impressed. But then it depends on what sound you like. If you can mention what offer are you getting or what you are looking to spend we might tell you what to consider.

My AVR is a Yamaha V520 - about 5 years old. 85 wpc @ 8 ohms, 2 ch driven - checked in the spec sheet. Guy I spoke to at the Jamo shop said it should be enough to drive the E770s. Though he did say that it might be worthwhile to upgrade to a new Denon or Marantz amp, but I don't wanna spend 25-35k on a new amp when the old one is working so well!

Yup the E770s are EISA winners from '05/'06 but perhaps I'm wrong about them being part of the Concert series. I mostly listen to rock, pop and some blues. I would love to have speakers that have clear mids, reasonable (but not blow-out-your-windows) bass and something that can give out a nice wide soundstage. Watch all kinds of movies but thats a secondary consideration.

Am getting the pair for about 29k.

My AVR is a Yamaha V520 - about 5 years old. 85 wpc @ 8 ohms, 2 ch driven - checked in the spec sheet. Guy I spoke to at the Jamo shop said it should be enough to drive the E770s. Though he did say that it might be worthwhile to upgrade to a new Denon or Marantz amp, but I don't wanna spend 25-35k on a new amp when the old one is working so well!

Yup the E770s are EISA winners from '05/'06 but perhaps I'm wrong about them being part of the Concert series. I mostly listen to rock, pop and some blues. I would love to have speakers that have clear mids, reasonable (but not blow-out-your-windows) bass and something that can give out a nice wide soundstage. Watch all kinds of movies but thats a secondary consideration.

Am getting the pair for about 29k.

I must say you are getting a good deal, but I am huge fan of Jamo S-708. Nothing comes even close to that speaker at that price point. Its placed below the E770 but you need to hear the sound to believe it. While I am not advising against E770, I would just like to recommend to you that you audition Jamo S-708.

Last edited:
Sure Ranjeet, I hear what you're saying. I listened to 2 other sets of Jamos - both in the higher series and costing twice or more than the E770s - but these sounded sweetest to me. So I'll ask him about the S-708s. Actually its a sale of some demo sets so he doesn't have all models and in most cases, has only one pair of each. He had a set of C4s also which he said were fantastic but they sounded dull & 'boomy' to me.

Thanks for your inputs guys. I'm off in some time to the store with my CDs!

Btw, MRP of the pair is about 38K but there was only a sticker which they had obviously handwritten and placed on to state the MRP and the discounted price. How do I know how much the E7s really cost?

Hi,

firstly you mentioned the whole 5.1 setup, so 27k is for the 5 spk set (front / cnt & ss) or for only front ??? Even if its only for front (2) its not a bad deal at all !!!!! These speakers are nice for jazz/blues & will be good for pop/rock !! Mids are good and treble is sweet & will not hurt your ears (like in most cases)
Good thing is that you will not feel tired even after hours of listening !!

In my opinion its difficult to get good speakers as good as these are. in below 30k segment !! Go ahead with these and enjoy the music
GOOD LUCK,RB9

Bumping an old thread. Got a pair of Jamo E700 bookshelves yesterday to go with my desktop compuater. Currently its paired with a vintage onkyo A-8150 and a creative XFi card and they sound way larger than their dimunitive size. Very well balanced sound. A steal for what I paid for them.

Bumping an old thread. Got a pair of Jamo E700 bookshelves yesterday to go with my desktop compuater. Currently its paired with a vintage onkyo A-8150 and a creative XFi card and they sound way larger than their dimunitive size. Very well balanced sound. A steal for what I paid for them.

Hey lucky you are.........i bet u must be a happy man now.......i hv e750 and they sound fantastic in my system. buddy how much did u pay.........this will help us to bargain..........
Good luck
RB9

I paid 120$ for the pair of E700 bookshelves. Had a friend haul it back alongwith him to india.

hi buddy, oh i thought you bought them from India only!!!!!! Im a big fan of Jamo E750/700 coz of their VFM .

Regards
RB9

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back