Jamo S426 starts screeching at high volume

suman10586

Hi Folks,
I have recently purchased Jamo s426 Hcs3 and paired with denon x510bt, What i observed that the front FS start screeching at higher volumes, round about 63-64 and am not able to crank it more than 67 that's the max receiver allows me to do.

Can anyone let me know if this is a normal behaviour as the dealer advised not to push up to that volumes or there is some problem with the FS's

Observed screeching sound comes from the tweeters but the Midranges do fine.

Note: Eco mode turned off in this case

Last edited:
Hi Suman,

Its Better you resist pushing the volume knob, Since the Speaker start chocking.

As per Spec of Speaker 140W Max(8 OHMS) they could handle say without Distortion with 89 DB Sensitivity.

Denon throws 140W at 6 Ohms SO it would be pretty Low for the 8 Ohms. But Not should be big deal here, as they should be loud for 80-90 watts of of Supply.

In case the speakers are new(Not break-in yet) then you need to wait. Else just go for Some dedicated Amp with some nice power.

Look 80W in Intergrated is completely different from 80W from AVR per channel.

Actual AVR wattage is published much more that actual. Denon will output around 50w max.So cant control Jamo well due to less power.

Okay Guys..... Just found the issue with persisting with TV Audio when played via AVR, I have tried other sources such as an MP3 via USB and directly connecting my Laptop with HDMI and i was playing as loud as i can bear and there is no screeching or distortion observed.

Again testing various channels i found audio issue only with Bindass Play might that might be due to channel quality, HD channels again are sounding great........ STAR MOVIES HD/ GOLD HD which are true DD+ channels ....

Greatly relieved :) No issues with my system.... Hooh....:D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back