Jamo S426 Vs Taga harmony 606 Vs Polk T50

Dineshshank

Hi guys ,

I have been using Onkyo 3400 for some 5 years time and though of upgrading to floor standing speakers with the same AVR HT R390.
My options are Jamo S426 package , Taga 606 package ,Polk T50 package with the existing Woofers as I know 3400 don't support Active Sub.

Will my 3400 AVR drive these Speakers ?
Does anyone have any experience ?
Which will be good Speaker Package ?

Request your suggestions as I haven't auditioned any as i am from an location where i cant find much dealers. Also you can suggest for any floor standing in the Budget of 40 K

There is also a plan to change my AVR after sometime as I have a limited budget for now.

Hi
Please see the recommended amplifier power for the speakers is within the receivers capability. I assume most of entry level AVR comes out with 100 watts per channel (6 ohms) driven and should be able drive tower to your likeliness. One advantage you have from these speakers is, since they are priced at the bottom of the low budget they would get along with any entry level receivers to mid range receivers. I would say it's a major upgrade to your current system with satellites. There won't be a great difference between these 3 towers where you ought others opinion here. It ultimately comes down to your own preference. See how tall / depth and wide these towers are and how much they are priced at as comparison factors. Anyway, your HT set up will not be complete until settle down a powered subwoofer and an AVR as well or you could buy a powered sub woofer first that accepts speaker level connections from AVR first and then upgrade the towers. This way you could avoid the cost of buying AVR in the future. See the possibilities first... If you want to know dealers, go to Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo websites and check out dealers in your area. Chances are that these guys will also be authorized dealers for speaker brands as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Shankara for your Feedback .

I am really confused which brand to select as i would like to spend it wisely .And it is my Big dream to have a good Tower Speakers and should be serving me for another 5 years . I have Budget of 40 K for 5 channel Speaks .

Polk Audio T50 ,T30,T15

Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE - 5.0

Yamaha NS-F71 , NS-P51 - 5.0

Polk T50 is better option than rest but you must audition Boston Acoustics A360 and Wharfdale Diamond 230 which also falls in same price bracket. From above I will highly rank Boston Acoustics A360 as preferred choice.

Jamo surround and center speaker are on sale. Purchase pre-owned center and surround speakers, save money and buy new good floor standing speakers. Also add Onkyo SKF-4800 and Pioneer AJ FS52 speakers also.

Thanks All for your Suggestions . Finally I made my mind to Go with the New Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51 got a very good Deal from my Local Distributor & Suggested to go for this .Did find any review on it looks to be a New Launch & outlook looks to be also so premier .Will be getting it delivered by this week end eagerly waiting for it to Bang my House .

Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51 with my Onkyo 390 Amp worked well and The sound quality is really amazing i dont require a Subwoofer .I can see the Huge difference while comparing my earlier Satellite which came along the package . The HD movies in Airtel setup Box is a treat to my ears .

Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51 with my Onkyo 390 Amp worked well and The sound quality is really amazing i dont require a Subwoofer .I can see the Huge difference while comparing my earlier Satellite which came along the package . The HD movies in Airtel setup Box is a treat to my ears .
hi! Can you please share your experience so far with these speakers as I am contemplating of buying and is confused between T50 Fusion and Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51. TIA.

hi! Can you please share your experience so far with these speakers as I am contemplating of buying and is confused between T50 Fusion and Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51. TIA.
The Yamaha Speaker NS-F71 & NS-P51 is really good Speakers .What is your Amp ? You can also looks at Pioneer FS52

Thanks All for your Suggestions . Finally I made my mind to Go with the New Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51 got a very good Deal from my Local Distributor & Suggested to go for this .Did find any review on it looks to be a New Launch & outlook looks to be also so premier .Will be getting it delivered by this week end eagerly waiting for it to Bang my House .
What was the deal for Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51? If you don't mind how much it costed? I am planning to go for Denon avr 2600h.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back